It's officially "Told You So" week

6 wins vs bad, some very bad, competition.

Is the team good or is it a crap schedule?

Dunno…but…

Beat a top 25 SMU…doesn’t matter how…I’ll take the told you so’s gleefully…

Either way, everyone needs to be at TDECU and be loud as they can. 7 wins and knocking SMU out of the top 25 would be super sweet.

27 Likes

This week’s game is a measuring stick.

Even if we don’t win, if we compete and look like we belong on the field with SMU, then that’s progress in my opinion.

Now if our offense continues to be inept and our defense looks outmatched then we will be hit with a disappointing reality.

We shall see.

5 Likes

IMHO its a house of cards. Its 6-1 and still standing because the winds haven’t blown towards it. How many good teams will we beat without an offense?? My guess is not many. The offensive line needs to show up against SMU

4 Likes

Need a new o line and a new o line coach!
2nd and 3rd string could do as good as the 1st string! Jenkins and Johnson were completely lost most of the game and that caused sacks

Just win, baby. Scratch. Claw. Run trick plays. Kick an onside on your first kick off. Just win.

5 Likes

Bad teams don’t win 6 games in a row. Anyone who has watched college football knows that.

11 Likes

What makes SMU so much better than us? They beat LA tech by 2 points

Is SMU a bad team too?

Even if we were to lose to SMU, we have another 4 games on the schedule that are winnable.

Finishing the regular season 10-2 would still be good record. Bowl win to end up 11-2

Sweet.

1 Like

2018 we didn’t play TT 1st game of the year

They have an offense. And while our defense is better than theirs, the diffence between our offense and theirs and much greater than the defensive difference.

1 Like

Average teams that play below average teams do

6 Likes

We can beat SMU when our secret play calling shows up!

2 Likes

Still view us as a paper tiger and fat off of cupcakes. Beat a team with a winning record and we can debate if Holgi has turned the corner. But as Han would say, “I’ve got a bad feeling about this…”

2 Likes

We’re an ever improving program who has just begun to learn how to win. We’re an above average team but don’t expect us to beat a SMU program that may be a year ahead of us. Keep the perspective, SMU is a very good, not great, but very good football team.

Louisiana Tech has 5 losses to teams with a combined 30-6 record. 3 of those losses were by a combined 10 points.

SMU also won at TCU. TCU destroyed Tech in Lubbock.

We can win but we will have to play so much better and disciplined.

2 Likes

No they don’t, Memphis is an average team, they even beat Mississippi state, than go lose to temple. UAB is an average team, they loss to rice. I don’t think UH is great, but saying we are just average I believe is selling us short, especially when you start looking at the field.

Tulsa, Memphis, and UCF are average, they will finish right at .500 or maybe a little above, that’s average.

1 Like

Our offense is average. Our defense is well above average. Punt and KO return is excellent.

FG performance is average to below average. Punting is above average.

Overall, our team performance is somewhere between above average and well above average…

hence, 6-1.

2 Likes

I would suggest a number of teams fit that description, including SMU. Take away their QB and they are nowhere near the team they are currently. If they lose the ace of spades from their deck their house tumbles

I’m of the opinion we should never lose to SMU… Any year… Ever!

11 Likes

exactly - any loss to SMU is a huge disappointment - hoping to “play close” - no thanks. these should be win every year games - we just beat these guys out for a spot to the Big 12 - we are representing the Big 12 now - right now - and we should be expected to win.

3 Likes