Jarace Walker Playing with First Team

Have we ever had one? Ever?

One and done? None. Not even close.

Alton Ford

1 Like

I forgot about Ford. I blinked my eyes and missed him.

1 Like

Part of the media session where Coach Sampson discusses Jarace with the First Team:

4 Likes

He was flunking out. He was not a true one and done. He never wanted to be in school
even at Milby, I don’t remember anyone calling him a one and done at Milby. But my memory could be wrong.

2 Likes

What’s a one and done in your book, Butch ?

One year, than an NBA lottery pick. That’s the common definition.

Okay!!! We’ll see how he does first then. His draft stock varies by mock draft.

Oh I agree for sure. I’m actually not convinced he’ll only be here a year.

2 Likes

True. College game is a different animal than High School Prep.

1 Like

No doubt Jarace has the skills to be a one and done but selfishly wanting him back one more year!

1 Like

We all know he has the skills. Let’s just hope his stock remains the same or better once the season ends :pray:

The fact that he is starting here says all I need to know

2 Likes

I don’t think the original Coogfans had that many members in 2000
 Wasn’t it kinda of new. I remember UH players were ecstatic back then and the one and done rule wasn’t really a term since going to HS straight to the pros was an option.

Being a consensus top 15 player does qualify as an elite 5 star one and done typed player if that was such a thing back then. In fact he was the #1 player in the country as a Soph. at Milby.

He was drafted 50th. Do you think a true one and done would leave for that.
Alton was a very talented player but never seemed to care much for playing college ball.
He could have been an elite player. RIP Alton

I didn’t come up with the meaning
 Just telling you what i read what it really means.

We can all have our subjective opinions on what it means.

Jarace is the caliber of player out of high school that only Memphis has been getting in our conference. Until very recently, Sampson has been taking 3 stars and making them all-conference players. I can’t wait to see how dominant Jarace and these other highly touted freshmen can be with a real coach and a real team!

1 Like

@bigmccoog Wouldn’t this describe Alton Ford more
 :thinking:

We all knew he was talented and could of benefited another year in college but he was ready to go pro to the NBA after one year and get drafted.

Time will tell.