Jareau declares as well

Maybe being a UH basketball player is a fun once in a lifetime opportunity and he wants to keep doing it? Especially since circumstances robbed him of playing in the tourney this year?

They get great nutrition, S&C, player development, and a stipend. It’s not a Jalen Rose thing anymore where these guys don’t have money to eat. Also, since you are placing a lot of value on a degree he conceivably could get some free progress made towards a grad degree if he wanted.

Also, if he continues to develop he could start his pro career in a better position and be more ready for it. If he was going to be a top 10 pick it would be strange to stick around for a redshirt senior year. For a guy who probably won’t get drafted it’s a very reasonable decision, but leaving to start his career would be as well.

Did you see no reason for Case to return for a fifth and sixth season?

just watched dejon jarreaus interview with marcus sloan on his (sloans) instagram…like 5mins and should still be active for about 24hours for anyone interested in watching…

dejon says he is most likely coming back…but if someone tells him they want to draft him, he will likely be gone…looks to be in the same boat with hinton

3 Likes

I hope he comes back, but can’t blame the kid for taking the $ and opportunity if it is offered to him. One more year with CKS will really turn him into a damn good player.

1 Like

NCAA pays more.

4 Likes

Depending on the program… lol

1 Like

The direct and personalized feedback and learning the metrics used by the nba would be great to focus his development his last year in the NCAA. I think that is what the water testers are looking for. I bet all of them hope in the backs of their mind that NBA likes what they see in natural talent and might at least begin a dialogue with some key people

1 Like

Jarreau just never got going this past season.
While his athletic ability and character allow him to do some things on the court like defense and rebounding he was 5th out of 5 guards in terms of big moments this past season.

I think the injuries each of the past two seasons have held him back. One strong off season and I can see him taking off. Extra motivation is that if he doesn’t he may have trouble getting in the court.

4 Likes

i dont agree with that…from the start of conference play till the bite situation he was playing some top level basketball (9 game stretch)… he had 3 straight games where he almost had a triple double
people are weighing the end of the season more, but if we are looking at the full season weighing all games evenly, he was not 5th out of 5…a certain shooter didnt come alive till 3/4th of the season had been played

1 Like

Like I said before if Jarreau can put the last part of last year behind he makes a better team next year

1 Like

especially if he can avoid a slow start, he’s been plagued by that both previous seasons

He was up and down all season and never gained the touch on his shot. What he did well was rebound, play D and at times run the offense.

1 Like

He was fighting off an injury but IMO he became unraveled in bite attack and his melt down against UConn here.
If he can stay healthy and stays he will be huge for us even if he never develops an outside shot.
Not too worried because he will have plenty of competition

I actually feel like he shot the ball pretty well. There were a few times that he would just pull up and elevate from the top of the key and it was so smooth, at critical times when the games were tight.

He also is a fantastic free throw shooter.

3 pointer is not a strength.

Whatever he decides he’ll always be a Coog! All the best to him.

Was it me or did he drop a little in ‘finishing at the rim’ this year? Last year he just seemed to be unstoppable down the stretch. Like he could get by anyone and score at will. This year not so much. Maybe it was because teams were more prepared for him. Dunno…I’m no expert.

Another ‘was it me or’…did his defense get a lot better? He was really intense with it this year and blocked more than a couple shot near the basket that had me wow’d.

Man, if he continues to progress…and peaks offensively and defensively next year. Look out. That’s the thought that gets selfish me taking over…and I want him back. If not, it was fun while it lasted.

3 Likes

I would really like to see him stay and really focus on his three point shooting over the summer and early fall. He would be unstoppable if he could hit the three consistently. That would force people to guard him that would open him up to drive and either finish at the rim or pass to the open man.

Imagine how good we could be we could be next year with Jarreau being able to force teams to defend him at the three point line.

3 Likes

agreed. as it is now defenses seem to be perfectly fine letting him take the 3 and only guard him against the drive. if he can gain ANY consistency in his 3 shot he would be very dangerous.

1 Like

Hope he hasn’t bitten off more than he can chew…

I keed I keed…

5 Likes

I chuckled.

2 Likes

figure we’ll try to keep all these threads separate.

I believe I saw in one of the other threads that DJ is expected to come back? Any more to that or just speculation?

I wonder if playing another season with Gresham is a factor?