JD UH Beat writer for Chron

I hope for the best. I lost my best friend in a plane crash two weeks ago in Katy.

I hope for the best. I lost my best friend in a plane crash two weeks ago in Katy.
[/quote]

Sorry for your loss.

4 Likes

FYI: For several weeks in a row Joseph Duarte had personally attended the Monday coach’s radio show at Fuddruckers, but he wasn’t there last night.

1 Like

His name was also missing from any of the pieces about UH basketball in the Chronicle

Not unexpected at all. It’s 100% obvious that something happened within his family or someone very close to him when he sent the tweet out Sunday night. Was last tweet we have seen from him. My prayers are with him and his family if he lost a loved one. Had chance to talk to him couple times and it was a pleasure to meet him.

2 Likes

Sorry for your loss, Pearland. May God bless you, Pearland.

1 Like

I noticed he was MIA last nite and I had expected him given the buzz, especially after Sunday’s game. I just figured he had other business and really didn’t think much more of it since I hadn’t seen his tweet.

2 Likes

JD is a good guy,

4 Likes

Had this on the other JD thread in football forum:

yeah no joke… I’m worried too. His wife has MS doesn’t she? I’m really hoping it’s nothing to do with that. I’m purely assuming here, but 100% praying that they are ok

Sending good vibes to JD. I met him at a UH football game last season. Nice guy. He liked Major Applewhite and I think he likes CKS. I get the feel that JD likes covering UH sports. We have grown on him and vice versa. He’s fair when writing about my Coogs. That’s all I ask for…fairness. Whatever the need, JD, prayers and good vibes for you and yours.

Go Coogs. Peace.

1 Like

His wife has a muscle disease and I hope that she is doing well. I do know that she is a super super lady and has done a lot of work in the community to help others. Duarte is fair when writing about the Coogs, but I wish that he was more passionate about them as we are.

He is a Longhorn at heart, but still wish him well

you kinda already went there, couldn’t resist huh. I’m one who thinks we are very fortunate to have great Universities in this State. It’s all about getting a good education whether it’s from UT, A&M, TXTech, UH, SHSU, TCU and so on. My daughter(step-daughter) went to UT-2013 Grad and is doing very well and every dollar my wife and I spent was worth every penny to see her success and achievements. Most just kid about the other schools but some on here feel like every person who graduated from other schools are EVIL. It’s one thing to root against the Sports teams from those schools but the people are normal people in our everyday life. Ok my rant is over…that stuff just drives me crazy. #StandAbove

9 Likes

How magnanimous of you

3 Likes

Nope. All Longhorns are the enemy. Even my best friend that goes to UH games with me and my nephew that played in the UT marching band and could not have told you a single score of any game he played at.

Thanks for your input Shaggy. Can always count on your contributions.

I was responding to the post earlier that said “I wish he was as passionate about UH athletics as I was from another poster, just saying he is a Longhorn, therefore won’t be as passionate as U.H. fans!! No ill will toward him read earlier posts before u take things out of CONTEXT

You’re welcome. Can’t keep up with your 50 posts and 100 emotes a day but glad to be noticed.

Glad your counting. Good job.

2 Likes

Sorry for JD. Pure pro, steps it way up over previous Coog coverage. Even did those cool streaming videos before the away games last season, great in-game tweets, fair reporting even when we don’t like it. People in the public eye see their troubles play out in front of strangers. That can’t ever be easy. All the best to him, and respect his privacy.

5 Likes