Jeremy Singleton in (now out of) the transfer portal

Yes. When the area of the offense that the coach has said is one of the weakest loses more players and there is a hope we find someone out there it seems like the plan is not well thought out.

1 Like

curious if something happenedā€¦ he was WR1 just 5 days ago in the last scrimmage, tunes top target ā€¦ (note the teams were split evenly, so the true WR1 might have been on the other team)ā€¦ either way he was looking at alot of targets this year. also adding that on paper his resume isnt good enough to draw major teams ā€¦ football wise makes little sense to transfers

1 Like

Donā€™t tell me someone else canā€™t contribute the same numbers as the two who are leaving.

3 Likes

If you run them out you better not be simply replacing, you should be upgrading.

2 Likes

How do we know they were run out? Maybe they didnā€™t like what they heard or something to that affect. Iā€™m pretty sure coaches arenā€™t going to sugarcoat anything. Iā€™m sure itā€™s not easy hearing something negative, if thatā€™s the case.

5 Likes

Look at basketball, Sampson told Jarreau the tough honest truth, he needed to improve his game and be team first. That talk paid off for both with a final four run. And the other side is Mills left.

9 Likes

Itā€™s a little bit different when a coach who has gone to the tournament in consecutive years tells you that compared to a coach that has consecutive losing seasons.

Singleton left. He was a great talent. I wish him good luck. I hope Holgorsen has a replacement plan for the lost production.

2 Likes

No these were barely contributors didnā€™t you hear? Easy come and go players.

3 Likes

Wasnā€™t everyone just celebrating bringing in a guy that caught 1 ball last season? Lol.

But now losing Singleton and Bradley is no big deal.

5 Likes

Maybe Banks is coming.

2 Likes

I didnā€™t see anything that couldnā€™t be replaced or upgraded

1 Like

Heā€™s going to TCU.

1 Like

To play defense

1 Like

How many times have we heard the excuse ā€œhe didnā€™t get a full spring practice in,ā€ so we should expect said player to be behind. Losing WRs at this stage of the game is alarming, especially with the inconsistencies we have seen at our other Offensive positions. Hope Dana and team can figure out a way to keep the ball from hitting the turf so much this season. We are needing to add some good hands ASAP at WR.

3 Likes

I doubt that. He doesnā€™t want to be on the defensive side of the ball. He wants to play WR. If heā€™s moved to LB later, then okay. But he wants his shot at WR.

Here is his production:

I am not sure why the gnashing of teeth.

I think we can replace his 2 catches a game.

3 Likes

Top target? Why would someone say he was Tuneā€™s number one target going into the year? Did Dana even mention the guy when he listed the WRs in Spring?

1 Like

Hereā€™s his stats, if you consider this great, then we shouldnā€™t have any problem finding another ā€œgreatā€ player.

Career Receiving Statistics

Career Receiving Statistics ā€“ 2018 & 2019
Season|GP|REC|YDS|TD|Long|REC/G|AVG/C|AVG/G|
2018ā€¦13ā€¦19ā€¦285ā€¦2ā€¦52ā€¦1.5ā€¦15.0ā€¦21.9
2019ā€¦12ā€¦26ā€¦381ā€¦3ā€¦58ā€¦2.2ā€¦14.7ā€¦31.8
Totalā€¦25ā€¦45ā€¦666ā€¦5ā€¦58ā€¦1.8ā€¦14.8ā€¦26.6

His stats in the 4 games he played last year:
Singleton, Jeremy - Offensive Statistics
Date-----------Opponentā€”RECā€”YDS----TD----Long
10/8/2020-----Tulane--------2-------23-------0------17
10/16/2020----BYU----------2-------34-------0------21
11/7/2020-----Cincinnati----2-------14-------0-------11
12/12/2020ā€¦Memphis-----4-------24-------0-------9
Totals---------------------------10------95-------0-------21

I have nothing against the young man and wish him well. I just donā€™t think he is a great player, average at best.

3 Likes

He started 10 games in ā€˜19 and had 32 receptions. He started the opener last year but missed the rest of the season; UCLA only played 7 games.

So. His 300 receiving yards on a terrible UCLA team should make us feel better?

Singleton had better stats than Erwin 2 years ago, too.