Jeremy Singleton in (now out of) the transfer portal

I just want guys who will fight for the ball. Haven’t seen that in awhile.

3 Likes

So far, I am in the “show me” mode for the transfers we are bringing in. The numbers haven’t been impressive. But, I am going to see what they do here before I form a real opinion. I have seen enough of Singleton to have formed an opinion. I just seem to remember his drops mostly, and they usually seemed like drive killers, at least in my 74 year old memory.

There were open scrimmages… singleton got the most targets … I didn’t watch the last 3 or so drives (I left early) but every passing td to that point was to singleton from the last scrimmage

Wouldn’t be the first time you over judged a receiver based on Spring(Isiah Johnson). I need to go back and watch the presser and see if Dana mentioned Singleton by name.

Man I miss the days when the ball would almost not touch the ground during a game. Back when Carrier and Johnson would run crossing routes across the middle and either take a hit and get the yards (Johnson), or make a guy miss and burn the rest (Carrier). Wish it was easy to find hands like that.

3 Likes

you realize my johnson take was that he would have better served the team staying as a receiver (between his sophomore and junior year).we just needed to work on his hands… he never ended up being a good CB here… so my point on that is still pretty strong… it was the best career move for him (as he is continues to develop into a great cb in the league), but not one Wr on the team ran faster than a 4.7, that was in the rotation, when he switched, the offense of thsoe teams ended up not good… he likely would have made a bigger impact (at houston) as a wr…point still stands as he was never a good CB here

and he didn’t mention singleton by name, but i saw game action and they kept targeting singleton …the only wr with that had td in the 16 drives i watched, he had multiple

Johnson had as many Ints here as receptions., 4. That alone makes you wrong. You saw him play good at WR in Spring but never during the season.
Singleton had no tds last season. Dana was asked about WRs and didn’t mention him, no way he was the number one target to Dana then.

2 Likes

johnson was regularly beat as a senior … he was specifically targeted by many teams, most noteable the texas tech game where tech scored 63 with a rookie qb, and every 3rd down target they just was targeted at him… he was matched up with wesley who had 300 yds recieving…to be fair not all 300yds were on him and he was benched at the end of the game for a different Cb… he personally gave up over 200+yards and didnt have 1 pass breakup that game… (i can link you the highlights if you want)

and my point with singleton is that he was the top target, that he was clearly going to be a major WR in the fold, i doubt we spend our last scrimmage throwing to a non significant wr (less about the performance of catching, but that he was targetted)…that is a different contrast from the johnson problem… johnson switched on his own, and the issues was drops … not role

CMON! It is weak because many of the players already here do not stand out…
we are gong to add better WRs than what we have…
we have already aded 2…i look for more…it is only natural that average WRs already here decide to leave… That is natural and expected…

1 Like

Yeah if they are upgrades, it’s all faith right now. Faith that CDH has not necessarily earned. Unlike on the bball side where the only move Sampson could make I would question is if he asked me to suit up for the team.

2 Likes

And Sampson would still probably win 20 games. Lol

5 Likes

Exactly, some of you keep speculating or insinuating. We are not in the building. Our WR’s underperformed last campaign. CDH was very clear to his entire squad. It is now that we step up. We can’t keep underperforming. This is life. You produce or you do not, period. We are in late April. CDH has no time to waste until our first game. We are clearly behind where he was hoping that we would be. That is worrying me. The good news is that we are in late April. Due to the ccp virus a lot of teams are in the exact same situation that we are in. Physically speaking this season is going to be a major challenge. Have faith in CDH. The season has not even started yet. Come on friends!!!

7 Likes

70% of transfers leave Bc they won’t play much and want more opportunity. 20% leave Bc they have, let’s say “out grown for their schools” , like they want to play for a better school. 10% wanna go back home or closer. So he’s either a cam Tyson, Taze Moore, or Caleb mills, let’s hopes he’s a cam Tyson :joy: but that’s my glass half full point of view lol

Saw coach walking around campus during the 19-20 year. Would throw up a paw or shout “Let’s go win some games, Coach!”

He’d give a head nod and say ‘whats up’ or so, and just keep walking. Still surprised about that, even seeing coach walk around campus.

That’s not going to happen. The man’s own son is in the transfer portal hoping to get off the sinking ship.

1 Like

Only time will tell… See you at NRG to kickoff the season!

the man’s own son is in the transfer portal because he would like to go somewhere where he might get a chance to play. That is not going to happen here…

3 Likes

Thats why i come to Coogfans, where else can you get that kind of inside info.

3 Likes

I’m not a CDH fan but this just isn’t accurate. The Singleton transfer is mildly alarming but since its still the offseason I’ve just decided to put blinders on and be optimistic.

2 Likes