Jeremy Singleton in the portal again

https://twitter.com/jerms3_/status/1483450197216837637?s=21

Dang best wishes to him, I hate to see players go but I get it .

3 Likes

If he tries to come back we should say, no thanks.

3 Likes

Geez, make up your mind.

Dell, Carter, Manjack, Golden, Brown, Nelson, McCoy, Guidry, and Street.

And hoping to add another 2 guys to the room. It’s getting a little crowded.

13 Likes

Doesn’t want to compete and share reps

7 Likes

Shame…talented guy after the catch.

He’s a talented guy. Just needs to work on drops.

Probably would have have another 100 yards and a TD or two without them.

Hope he lands on his feet at a school that he can succeed.

On and off of the field.

8 Likes

He is talented… feels like he hasn’t realized his potential yet. He had a great opportunity to stand out last year and show off… dropped too many.

7 Likes

True,very true !
We all wish Jeremy “Fair Winds and following Seas”!
Go Coogs!

1 Like

Can’t blame him. Lots of new talent has been brought in.

Wish him the best.

1 Like

he may have been told he no longer has a scholarship.

1 Like

That’s not how this works.

But Dana could have told him that until he shows consistency in catching the football that there would be other guys getting opportunities ahead of him.

3 Likes

That’s exactly how it works. Scholarships are for one year only and schools have the option to renew or not renew. That is in football and basketball. Case in point, Q Grimes.

5 Likes

He was our second leading receiver in total yards. Not sure how many times he was targeted for his 29 catches but he usually did well after a catch.

Competition at all positions starting to heat up. If we have decent players leaving a winning team that means decent players have concerns about their depth position.

So. You actually believe that Dana would pull Singleton’s scholarship?

He is our 4th receiver to enter the portal this year.

I am leaning towards the “we are upgrading big time for 2022 in the receiver dept” school of thought.

6 Likes

I think if that was the case he would have been told soon after the bowl game….within a week I guess.

Do not think they would wait this long to notify him.

I don’t know. I am just saying that it is a possibility based on the adds to the receiving corps.

I didnt feel comfortable putting this out there before…but I was sitting near some parents at one of the games. There was at least one family of another wr. That game, JS dropped a couple passes. The families grimaced on both kinda knowing that this was a big issue with him. We’re not the only ones that notice he lacks hands and or concentration. Sucks to lose guys but I dont think his destination will be an upgrade.