Joe Cauthen out as defensive coordinator, Doug Belk new DC

Defense hasn’t been the problem. Dana needs to make some changes to the offense, whether it’s hiring a new OC or implementing a new scheme. Whatever he’s been running the last two years hasn’t proven to be successful, and won’t cut it in the AAC.

1 Like

My guess would be that Carrier gets promoted to OC…

Get rid of Shannon and bring in someone who can actually put points on the board. Need that high octane portent Houston offense, and please no more huddling !!

3 Likes

Typically, this is a situation where said coach screwed up/committed an indiscretion or he had personality differences with the HC. Judging by Holgorsen’s behavior over the last two years, my guess is the latter, but I don’t have inside information.

Well originally weren’t we going after DeRyuter?
Cauthen seemed like a good hire, underwhelming as it was at the time.

Here’s a refresher

I didn’t know the name coming in, thought the D was better this year after a not-so-good first year so I am not sure I care if he was retained or replaced other than the need for stability in this program.

1 Like

The same people crying would be committing suicide if Belk left for Texas.

1 Like

I think we all know that every move will likely be met with dissatisfaction from one or more segments of Coogfans. I am less “into” Coogs sports than most on this board but I will admit I did not expect a change on the defensive side of the ball. However, I will let Holgy run his show as he sees fit because he needs to right the ship quickly and he has the most skin in the game – we have seen what happens to a coach’s career if they fail at UH and get fired.

Will we see any changes on offense? Because, frankly, it’s a hot mess.

Go Coogs! What’s the point in complaining about something none of us have any control over? Just win some games. I don’t care if we give up 50 ppg as long as we score 51. Go Coogs!

2 Likes

If we didn’t do that what would be the point of the message board at all? Kind of like the folks who two us to cut checks if we want to complain about coaches.

2 Likes

Joe Adcock’s little sister taught my junior English class at Central High, outside of Baton Rouge. She was a former LSU Golden Girl and was drop dead gorgeous. I was in love with her – like every other boy at Central. Her husband, Bill Brown, played end for OU during their 57 game winning streak.

1 Like

He has been around awhile and earned the right to be however he wants.

Could I get a list of who else qualifies for this list!
:grin: :thinking:

2 Likes

Dana is our offense. Changing the OC does nothing, Dana will have to fix the offense himself.
Though i saw improvement on D it still couldn’t get a stop against Memphis when needed.

1 Like

Our pass defense was not very good.

2 Likes

Kind of a sad point of view, imo.

1 Like

Give me a break with the sanctimonious responses. Lord…

So we promoted the guy who coached the secondary.