Joe Cauthen out as defensive coordinator, Doug Belk new DC

The change had nothing to do with keeping Belk

2 Likes

You guys and your cryptic messages. :unamused:

3 Likes

For the record as far as home run hires in relation to baseball ballparks of yesteryear.
Polo Grounds did indeed have a center field wall. From home plate to dead center was 483 feet. Quite a shot.
Only 4 players homered over center-field wall at the Polo Grounds. Luke Easter in a Negro League game, Hank Aaron and Lou Brock on consecutive days, and Joe Adcock.
Left-field wall was only 279 feet at Polo Grounds and right field 258 feet. Stadium definitely favored pull hitters.
When Yankee Stadium was built in early 1920s, deepest part of center field was 490 feet. It was shortened to 461 feet in 1937.
So any Yankee Stadium or Polo Grounds hire for the UH coaching staff would be a home run hire and isn’t that what we’re all wanting.
Josh Gibson reportedly is the only player to completely hit a fair ball out of the original Yankee Stadium in 1934 in a Negro League game.
Mickey Mantle hit a blast that was headed out of Yankee Stadium but the ball hit the facade
I would settle for a Josh Gibson or Mickey Mantle home-run hire at any UH coaching position.

5 Likes

I want a home run hire on steroids. In this case
Barry Bonds.

Gets pretty old. Attention seeking “hey look at me! I got inside info. But I won’t tell hehe.”

1 Like

Now there’s something to get people talking about football. :slightly_smiling_face:

Greatest hire since Yeoman.

1 Like

I posted we would hear of coaching changes. Was I incorrect? When people speculate as to the reason a change was made and it isn’t correct, I state so.

Coogdefender if you don’t like what I post you can put me on ignore.

2 Likes

Are you hearing anything about coaching changes on the offensive side of the ball? I sure as hell hope so.

Question since you are the one holding the juicy details and you are shooting down incorrect theories
 If we happen to guess the right one, do we get a “can neither confirm nor deny” or “no comment” Im just assuming a “nailed it” is probably out the question.

I ask because it is mid-January football wise there’s not much going on. So this seems like a decent enough distraction. Plus if I see another “Is Tune the answer?” thread I’m going to find some time to spike a football in the OP’s groin.

Have we considered him for the oc position?

Super touchy. Grown man sensitive.

https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/1351714419546456067?s=19

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/1351714420733444099?s=19

1 Like

{'m confused. To me it looked like the defense did pretty good given the number of minutes it was on the field and the number of times it was put into some pretty bad spots.

3 Likes

I just hope Belk does not take an opportunity at another school this offseason or next. This program needs some stability.

1 Like

I’d bring this guy back in a heartbeat, but the university has invested a significant amount in Mr. Holgerson and his staff.

Darn, I thought they would make a run at Wade. I know he wants to coach again in the NFL but that’s probably not happening.

“It was the right move.” sounds suspiciously like, “Don’t worry. LeBush is a CEO.”

Defense hasn’t been the problem. Dana needs to make some changes to the offense, whether it’s hiring a new OC or implementing a new scheme. Whatever he’s been running the last two years hasn’t proven to be successful, and won’t cut it in the AAC.

1 Like