Joshua Cobbs commits to UH

Calm down.

They stated a fact and did it tongue in cheek.

Nobody thinks badly of them. In fact all I have seen is people being excited about mixing in with those three( including Golden) from last year.

1 Like

A coach with discipline squeezes him out as slapper and WR. Glad not to be on your team.

1 Like

Shorts is the best recruiter on staff. No questions about it!!!

5 Likes

I stated a fact too. He’s Sam Brown Jr Houston Cougars WR. No need to refer to him as the slapper. Idk how I’m not calm but ok :+1:t5:. It’s all good let’s get back to talking about our new WR addition!

3 Likes

Belk, Early, Jinks, and Meekins aren’t bad.

https://twitter.com/markbermanfox26/status/1612916745521471514?s=46&t=rUp1U38RRrrxopC-nh2MEQ
He had some really good offers. Not a bad replacement for missing out on horn

1 Like

Cool.

I’m happy to see the new guy has produced at the D-1 level.

35 catches almost 500 yards.

1 Like

That’s good size. Know their 40 times by chance ?

I think you are overreacting to something that I think is relatively minor in my opinion. It wasn’t like he hauled off and walloped the guy, it was a weak slap that probably hurt the guys pride more than his face.

Brown is a good WR and runs a little hot, I see guys every Sunday that run hot as well. Brown was punished for his transgression and that should be the end of it.

11 Likes

I think you don’t know what it means to run a disciplined team.

2 Likes

I do not but we know Golden has got really good speed he’s a great deep ball threat. Brown is very elusive like a CeeDee lamb type. Manjack and Cobbs aren’t the fastest but they are both very tall with great hands and great catch radius. Wilson has good straight away speed. He’s 6’3 very long strides. MHP is like a Deebo type player, can line him up as a RB, slot WR, or outside WR. Very versatile and talented group of young WRs

5 Likes

I really do, but I also know when things are carried too far. You seem to be more aligned with the “Junction Boys” approach.

Oh really. I didn’t know you played beyond high school. Just golf during business hours on Tuesdays.

So when you or a teammate struck an opposing player the coach was like, “I’m good with it. Good rep for the school.”

Different from missing curfew. Nice job with the hyperbole. I don’t think overweight people know about discipline.

Love this recruit. He is clearly improving from his H.S. days. LOVE IT.

Yep, agree. To refer to current player in derogatory way is a no go. Use his name, then mention what he did if necessary. But consider the source.

Edit: I thought Brown was our 2nd best WR quite bit during the year . Esp while Golden missed several weeks. He stepped big time.
We can all agree he has to clean some thgs up but I’ll trust the Coaches to manage that part.

3 Likes

So because he doesn’t want to see sideline fights amongst teammates
.he wants the team run like the junction boys?

My goodness.SMH

1 Like

Do you think every player that gets into a fight on the field should be “squeezed” off the team? How about players that get into fights at practice?

Personal attacks aren’t necessary when people disagree with you. BTW, where did you play college ball?

2 Likes

The young man received his punishment, what else do you want? I see posters who want to give kids that have committed felonies a second chance, shouldn’t we put things in perspective here?

3 Likes

How about slapping an opposing player after the game who has his hemet off? Went viral. “Look at this UH player. Just what you would expect from an undisciplined Cougar High player.”

Played basketball and baseball at Louisiana College. Played baseball at St. Edward’s University. Played quarterback, forward and pitcher at Cy-Fair.

1 Like

One of my girlfriends in HS went to Louisiana College. She said it was really strict and a girl was restricted to campus for the rest of the semester because she was seen in town with her boyfriend who had his arm around her waist. I can see where your ideas on what discipline is may have come from.