June Jones tells Hawaii to stick it - Timmy Chang new HC at Hawaii

If these terms are indicative of the the administrative moving forward after the toad, Hawaii will never be a viable program again.

He’s the best coach they ever had thats pretty weak to try and offer him a 2yr deal and he can’t pick his own staff. He was doing a great job with the Roughnecks so he can still coach.

4 Likes

Hawaii already had problems being so far away this will be the nail in the coffin.

2 Likes

Feel bad for them, they don’t even have a stadium to play in

As well he should’ve, offering him a 2 yr contract and dictating who he would bring in on his staff. They’re clueless.

2 Likes

I think he’s negotiating publicly to get the job on his terms.

2 Likes

They extended their TV deal w Spectrum a few years ago. It was over $3 million a year yet they seem to be running on $ fumes. Football MWC travel costs crushing them?

Radical idea: go independent in football and basically just play home games. There should be no shortage of enough well funded teams to fill the schedule even w that tiny “temporary” stadium.

Other sports:Big West travel are not as far flung but still expensive.

1 Like

I really like that radical idea. Assuming there are
enough well funded blue bloods that would enjoy the
trip. On down side , scheduling those types of programs you may go 0’fer many years.

They really do have an expensive unique logistics problem. Always hard cheese being a U of H.

1 Like

Great idea, and some out of the box thinking. I met Jones when he was here for the Roughnecks at one of their fan events (Great guy) we talked Hawaii Football, he was actually leaving the next day to go back for the Hawaii game and he said with Hawaii they have to win at home because the travel makes it really hard. There would be no shortage of teams willing to go over and play them. They have to have a stadium.

I agree. Outside the P5 -even the low budget MAC or some FCS schools can get over there once a decade. Portland State made the trip this year.

1 Like

Nope- Their arrogance is offensive.

2 Likes

Hawaii should hire one of those hot shot high school coaches they have over there. That way everybody is happy…

1 Like

Hawaii players and their administration just showed that the tail wags the dog over there. No coach will want to go. If you hurt some feelings the admin will fire you once the players cry loud enough.

The Toad was an ahole. He should never had been hired at Pitt after what he did to Rice and the ASU got what they deserved. But school number 5 got exactly what they deserved.

3 Likes

I think a bigger factor than players crying is players leaving.

Timmy Chang named HC of Hawai’i.

Wow. Hope that works well for him. Seems like a Texans move.

1 Like

Sounds like the calls for Case to take over at UH one day. Let’s see if former star player turned HC works for them.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/Coach_TChang/status/1485145007086391300/photo/1

1 Like

Clearly they need to teach Timmy how to spell before they allow him to coach.

1 Like

I relish the failures of Hawaii. That is all.