Justin Johnson Leaves for Baylor (now Tech)

“University of Houston assistant Justin Johnson plans to join Dave Aranda’s staff at Baylor source tells FootballScoop. Johnson coached running backs this past season at Houston; and was scheduled to coach tight ends / y-receivers this season. Johnson played running back, receiver and tight end at Houston.”

I hate Baylor. Can’t believe people on this site were rooting for them this year. Sickening.

23 Likes

Agreed…I would like to see them all eat worms.

5 Likes

And he’s an alum, too. :unamused:

5 Likes

One of our own leaving for another school. OUCH!

12 Likes

He probably was not going t do well here and it is better off. He was probably about o get run off and is settling for Baylor. Nothing to see here. Nothing at all.

3 Likes

If he was about to get ran off then why would Holgorsen retain him and why would Aranda hire him?

5 Likes

Like that doesnt make sense

1 Like

I think you’re missing some sarcasm.

1 Like

You have no idea what you are talking about. Don’t let that stop you since that is what this board is about.

5 Likes

Big loss. JJ is a great team guy. A fundamentals guy with a military mindset.

3 Likes

Sometimes change is good. I, myself moved around. He may come back as a head coach one day, but let’s wish him well in his growth. I don’t like BAYLOR either, but he will see if that small town stuff work for him.

4 Likes

Not good when an alum leaves after one year. Kind of makes me wonder what’s going on behind the scenes.

5 Likes

Dripping with sarcasm and the company line…

2 Likes

Hmmmmm?

1 Like

Without a ‘sarcasm alert’, people will buy anything you say at face value.

I don’t like it but the cynical side of me has lost faith in the general public.

5 Likes

Maybe he left for more money? Goodness knows I have done that several times!

4 Likes

Just hoping Holgorsen hires someone really good to take his place as TE coach. Really wished we had more hype around the program.

3 Likes

yes beginning to wonder if Holgorsen is hard to get along with or something?

5 Likes

Maybe he kept putting Bang energy drinks in the mini fridge.

1 Like