Jvhs

I teach at Jersey Village High School in NW Houston, and it is always great fun to watch former students continue their athletic careers elsewhere. We don’t have any former Falcons playing for the good guys, but some are in the AAC.

Last week I got to watch Chris Paul(OG) for Tulsa.
This week is Alex Turner(NT) for ECU.
And on 11/3 is Jordon Williams(LB) for SMU.

Thats all I have to say about it. Just fun watching former students play against my Coogs.

#YWGC

2 Likes

JVHS has heck of team this year. Really talented team, especially on the offensive side. Use to call CP (rb) Gale Sayers when coached him in LLFB…he’d just leave them scattered all over the field trying to tackle him. My son has played travel baseball with the JV boys for last 3 years, great kids and families, not to mention heck of ballplayers…going to miss them when boys graduate this year. DREADING playing JV in football, CyCreek destroyed us 77-0 last week and could have easily hung a hundred on the board. SBISD football is absolutely atrocious these days

We play Cy-Fair tonight. I hope we can pull it out! They’re a great team, but this is the best we’ve had in years.

You’re so right about SBISD athletics, the changing demographics have made the district a walking mat in football. I’m a Spring Woods 1974 alum and our greatest FB victory was when we knocked off the #1 Conroe Tigers in Conroe. There was also a packed house when Westchester’s David Clyde outdueled John Hoke at the SWHS baseball field, before Clyde was drafted by the Texas Rangers. At least we always found a way to beat Spring Branch when I was there, and I loved playing in a Tully Stadium. Good times.

SWHS '82…only team even remotely decent is Stratford. Memorial, Northbrook and SW are a combined 0-9 and have been outscored 41-507 vs CFISD…yep that’s not a missprint. My cousin went to Westchester and watched Clyde chunk couple times. Our soccer teams are really good and baseball had best year in some time last season but football hasn’t won a game since 2016

My son played football and graduated from JVHS 2 years ago. He is now at UH and loving it. I was at SBHS when it closed. It is sad to see the SBISD schools get beat so bad! You mentioned Cy fair, their coach is a SBHS alum.

Spring Woods and Northbrook - 1975.

SBHS fresh to junior. Graduated NBHS 1986

JV class of 2014 checking in!

What are the JVHS students names? I’m Coach Williams (Head tennis).

My oldest began at Cy Creek this year.

We usually catch a couple of CC games every year, but we haven’t made it out yet.

We have had a few Jersey Village grads in the past. I believe Kade Lane was from Jersey Village. I’m sure there were more.

Stratford - 1979. Yep, I’m old but at least I was there for the state championship. Really fun.