Keenum, Mannion providing competition at quarterback

Sounding good for Case so far:

Keenum, Mannion providing competition at quarterback

Case Keenum started the final five games of last season and remains atop the depth chart. The 28-year-old from the University of Houston has emerged as a leader among the position group, according to offensive coordinator Rob Boras.

“Case is a real cerebral person,” Boras said. "Case is trying to raise everybody’s level. It got to start with himself.

“He’s done a nice job with that, trying to hold himself accountable. Once you’ve held yourself accountable, it’s easier to hold the other people accountable.”

I think Case will do well. With the contract Goff signed, I know he will eventually supplant Case as the starter; but Case is proving himself as an NFL QB and will either stay at the Rams as a long time backup, or eventually get another gig with a real shot as a starter.

Coach Jeff Fisher said Thursday that veteran Case Keenum is the starter with the Rams heading toward their first training camp since moving back to Los Angeles. Fisher said Goff (and likely No. 3 Sean Mannion) will get work with the first team along with Keenum and move up when the team deems him ready.

A couple more articles about Case and Goff:

Even with a competition on the horizon, though, Keenum has stayed positive and had only good things to say about Goff to this point. As hard as it may have been for Keenum to put on the leadership face, he’s doing just fine with it.

Is Jared Goff nowhere near being ready to start?
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000670333/article/is-jared-goff-nowhere-near-being-ready-to-start?campaign=tw-nf-sf28976930-sf28976930
“Jared Goff is nowhere near being ready to start Week 1,” Wyche said on NFL Network. “He’s only had offseason workout practices, but he’s swimming in it. … Training camp is vital for him. I spoke to one team official that said they are looking forward to seeing him in pads and preseason games because his ability to improvise are some some of his strengths. But do not be surprised – I know the expectation is for him to start Week 1 – but don’t be shocked if Case Keenum is the starter, because, again, Jared Goff has a long way to go.”