Keith Corbin in Transfer Portal

GRAD transfer. He did his job and UH did too. I’m happy for him and wish him the best.

2 Likes

You are absolutely correct and we have missed that point totally in the thread. Everyone fulfilled their obligations to the fullest in this instance and this should be an amicable parting, no question.

4 Likes

We have Carter, Kam Scott, Dell, Bryson Smith, Singleton, Street, We are more than fine at WR. Not to mention Christian will be back at TE. Henry at RB, Our whole O line will be back plus adding Tank Jenkins. Weapons won’t be a problem for us next year. Which is probably one of the reasons Corbin transferred. I’m just worried if we can get above average QB play and take advantage of easy schedule

1 Like

:100:

Coach is going to ride or die with Clayton Tune. Hopefully, it’s an open competition during training camp. But nothing so far suggests that as of now. If anything, it would be his kid who would get a chance to start next given how many snaps he gets behind Tune during practice and games.

2 Likes

If we go into next season with Logan as our backup, and Sofian and Maddox are behind him than I’m convinced it’s just daddy ball because Logan is absolutely terrible

2 Likes

His son really should have gone to a different school because it will be looked at as daddy ball no matter unless his son is Trevor Lawrence. In that case everyone would be okay with daddy ball but Logan is no Trevor.

Our whole O line will be back? We have seniors on the O line that may or may not return.

1 Like

I haven’t seen anything on the O-line seniors if they are coming back or not. Maybe we should get a thread going with who is confirmed to be leaving and who is coming back. I saw Kyle Porter was invited to some all-star game so he will be gone. I would guess the coaches are pushing hard for Braylon Jones to return.

Patrick Paul, Jack Freeman, Unije, Max Banes, Boatman, have all played significant time in either one of the last 2 years or both. You add in Tank Jenkins. Hope you can get Murphy or Bardwell to stay, you can have a lot of o lineman with good experience. Plus you add in the JUCO lineman we got from Kilgore, I think our o line will continue to improve.

5 Likes

Kmoney, very good assessments. Completely agree!

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/Joseph_Duarte/status/1354232232546885633?s=19

Then number of times we have heard about competition at the QB position this upcoming training camp, spring and fall . . . . .

2 Likes

@Coogfans2ndAdmin another one

And we’re off subject again. Amazing.

2 Likes

Corbin simply announced where he is transferring to and I get a long 3 paragraph story abt mma n sex change.

7 Likes

Bardwell has said he is returning, that’s the only senior OL starter I know of and that was my question. Here are the guys that will be on the OL that I can think of. I may have the position wrong on a couple and a couple more may move to a different position. The classes are based on what they were this past season since it’s a do over.

POS No. Name HT Wt CL
LT 76 Patrick Paul 6-7 305 RFr
74 Ruben Unije 6-5 305 So
LG 67 Cam’ron Johnson 6-4 305 Rfr
70 Jordan Boatman 6-6 295 Jr
58 Ugonna Nnanna 6-4 265 Fr
Carson Walker 6-4 285 Fr
C 75 Jack Freeman 6-3 295 So
79 Chayse Todd 6-2 290 RFr
RG 72 Tank Williams 6-3 350 So
63 James Faminou 6-6 350 Fr
61 Michael Tulenka 6-5 335 Fr
RT 64 Dennis Bardwell 6-5 290 Sr
73 Kamron Lewis 6-4 300 So
62 Gabe Cossey 6-6 330 Fr

Do you notice how young we are? I am assuming we pick up a couple of guys in the transfer portal.

Looking at the sizes of these guys, I can’t help but be amazed. I remember the 1958 LSU national champion team only had 5 guys over 200 pounds with the largest being 225. Billy Cannon, at 205, was one of the 5.

4 Likes

Hey look!! A butterfly!

2 Likes

With so many young players, it is only natural to hope that we will see a lot of improvement next year, with these kids a year older and more experienced than last year.

4 Likes

I will be more than happy to say I was wrong if the reason for our lackluster performance over the past two years has been because of inexperience and not coaching.

I would much rather swallow my pride than to live through another football rebuild.

2 Likes