Kyle Allen on the Panthers

While true with a couple of exception, at least he has not dumped on the UH name as far as I know and that makes him good in my book. He chose UH (after being at A&M) and stayed loyal despite the circumstances. I cannot say the same for O’Korn and I was a big O’Korn fan when he was here. Met his parents before the Pitt bowl game and they seemed like good people too. I am hoping he does well – he represented us well while here.

1 Like

Everyone is entitled to an opinion; but, the Panthers seem to think he is good enough to have on their roster. There are a lot of kids that were very sucessful college QB’s that never even got into training camp. Maybe the Panthers also think he was a kid that was just never put into a compatible offense.

1 Like

Am I wrong? Do you disagree? Was he good at A$M or UH?

LOL, can I get the Lotto numbers from ya cause you must know something every NFL GM/Scout doesn’t know about Sam Darnold but if you’re right major props

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS

Yep I’m a sick pup…Jets fan

He was very giving. He threw balls to players on offense and defense.

He played against 11 mannequins

Speak for your damn self on this one man.

I’m not going to whitewash history, but Major/Brian Johnson basically tried to square peg KA into a Diet Coke version of our 2015-16 offense.

4 Likes

I didn’t follow him at aTm, but to my recollection, he beat out the guy that won a Heisman at OU. At UH, I don’t have a large enough sample to say one way or another. He had a bad day against TT, but again, he was in a system not suited to his game. He should have never let LTH talk him into coming. I think at a different school he could have been a lot better.

2 Likes

Regardless of his arm strength or how good of a guy he is, he could not read and react to defenses. Even when he completed a bunch of passes, they were almost all short timing routes, and rarely the result of a secondary read. Maybe he would have eventually figured it out, but he was not a “good” college QB. That doesn’t mean he won’t have future success, but let’s not pretend like he was the victim of a bad situation - I’m sure he doesn’t.

Anyway, there’s no point in beating it to death - I’m sure we all hope he does well and makes it in he NFL. There are definitely opportunities out there, so he has a shot.

There are no bad QBs in the league. The bad QBs are at home watching games instead of making an NFL roster.

3 Likes

the part i bolded…you also have to add the context, that every single starting WR (bonner, dunbar and singleton) all 3 ran slower than a 4.7

he was definitely a victim of a bad situation…
no one is saying he was elite, but i could have definitely seen him shine in a different offense, with faster pieces

He had the same pieces as the other QBs. They were better.

The truth is that almost nobody would be trying to make a case for KA if not for his “star rating” coming out of high school. But somehow his underperformance is everyone else’s fault. Silly.

He’s a back up QB in the NFL right now. That’s why this thread exists, not his HS recruiting ranking.

2 Likes

OK, sure.

you mean the dual threats? you seem to be missing the whole point of the debate

kyle ran 4.8, all 3 wr ran a 4.7, with a rb doing 3yds a carry…in a dual threat offense