Lane Kiffin

So, if Kiffin is hired… do we want to wait until Alabama’s season is over before he comes (like Tom Herman) or do we want him now?

If he is hired and wins big here, be ready to wear those visors y’all!!!

If he is hired, I hope he kills it… although, this was absolutely hilarious. Go Tosh.

I’d let him finish like our ex coach did. Another championship under his belt would be another selling point for recruiting.

I 100% agree. He’s almost certain to win the championship this year and he’ll be able to show the incoming recruits he did it with a true freshman dual threat QB. Just hope whoever comes in here is able to keep Orlando or get someone as good has him to come here as DC.

Would it become Kiffin’s Kougar Korner?

1 Like

NICK SABAN APPARENTLY YELLS AT LANE KIFFIN ALL THE TIME IN PRACTICE, TO THE DELIGHT OF THE ALABAMA DEFENSE

How often are the Alabama defenders successful in getting Kiffin yelled at?

“Oh all the time,” (Defensive end Jonathan) Allen said with a smile. “All the time and we love it. I’m sure you guys have seen those on the TV, that’s exactly how it is in practice.”

1 Like

He yells because he cares. If this was so bad Saban would have fired him long ago. Saban is a great Coach but also a great politician. He hired Kiffin because he had difficulties adapting with new offenses. Kiffin helped him a great deal the last few years. Saban is very bright to have recognize it and acted on it.

2 Likes

I heard Lane Kiffin loves his Cougars. Go coogs

3 Likes

I will support the new coach. I think Kiffin will win at UH. I think he has learned his lessons and has been humbled a little from previous HC positions he has held… hopefully. However, as soon as the aTm job opens after Scumlin’s firing, I’ll see y’all right back over here after Kiffin leaves us - this time probably during the middle of the season. Over under is set at 2 years.

1 Like

I’m taking the under

1 Like

Under. . . . .

Let’s go Coogs!

1 Like

Under…if he’s even the guy.

1 Like

Where there is smoke there is fire. Just ask Tom Herman. Ti!man & Hunter will meet with madam Renu this evening to talk about hiring Kiffin.

I think Lincoln Riley did good in his interview. But Houston brass was worried how good of a recruiter he could be at UH. Les Miles new spread offense would need some time adjusting, since he would be implementing it for the first time. I honestly think that the game had past him by.

Oh, I believe he’s coming. UH admin just wants to go through the proper channels to have RK sign off at tonight’s meeting and announce in their own timing. Of course, if I’m right, then that means Tilman flat out lied on the Michael Berry show when he said no offer had been made. If indeed no offer has been made and he’s sticking to his guns about a large buyout, this thing won’t be negotiated super fast like Herman’s deal.

Guess I’ll just have to wait and see…

They could have parameters of a deal in place without a firm offer being extended. Happens all the time.

1 Like

I just really hope TF hasn’t caved on the large buyout requirement. There’s nothing in me that thinks Kiffin will stay more than 2 years if he has any success here. I just hope we get adequately compensated when he does leave.

1 Like

It makes me wonder if madam Renu has been hands on with the interview process. Maybe not. I think Tillman & Hunter like Kiffin to be the next coach, but it’s not official until the third party (Renu) puts a stamp on it. It’s Kiffin, no doubt.

Oh, there’s no question that he’s a dirty opportunist that has left a stain at several places he’s been. At least we’re going into that with eyes wide open. I’m guessing the buyout will be somewhere in the $5M range through 3 years. It’s enough to make it worth our while, but not enough to stop a blue blood if they really want him.

That’s why I think its higher than 5.