LaRussa

This may be it for Tony. I hope he’s OK, but I also hope I never have to watch him manage another game. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Bad end to his career but a definite HOF manager

2 Likes

I just hope he gets his health straightened out….and then stays in the game at some level ( like a special asst.) this guy needs baseball.

Dang… I got censored…I simply said “Legend.” and it’s been removed… :joy:

I seriously meant he’s a legend…

1 Like

No doubt there, he was enshrined in 2014.
Interesting fact, LaRussa got a law degree at Florida State between his playing career and managing career.

Ya, I had no idea he had ticker trouble with a pacemaker. Dang!

You’re right about that. I don’t think he can really be healthy without baseball.

1 Like

According to one of his former players, he allegedly cheated. So, if he makes the hall of fame, there should be no debate for Altuve at the ned of his career, if his numbers stack up.

1 Like

4:18… Girardi admits to cheating just like the Stros… This shouldn’t affect anyone from going into HOF.

2 Likes

This article was written 6 years after he was enshrined.

1 Like

Your point?
EDIT: Oh I see now. He is in already in. I didn’t even know but I guess that makes sense with the “career” he has had. When I was skimming through the thread, it seemed like they were saying that he wasn’t yet. My bad.

1. If? He’s already in the hall of fame.
  2. The committee didn’t have knowledge of his cheating when they voted him into the hall.
  3. His admission to the hall provides no precedence to affect Altuve’s bid for the hall because of point 2.
1 Like

and no one even blinks….

2 Likes

Its no big deal the yankees cheated. No one gets anything removed or taken back. Its just academic discussion. F—- the yankees and their fans. I wish the astros had brought out trash can lids for their celebration.

7 Likes

Or at least the fans. That would have been epic. I chuckled at them booing Manfred though.

2 Likes