Last Reflections By John Royal

While I don’t think you’re necessarily wrong, Miami says hold my beer.

miami

1 Like

Once again…proof of the bias. Truth is that the RPI has to start somewhere…How do they determine where to start. I suspect that P5 teams are at the top along with the BE…

As to Temple, yes they have supposedly played a hard schedule…of course, they lost most of the games…

…which proves…nothing !

It’s borderline comical that anyone would seriously take issue with anything Royal said in that blurb.

Gee, top 10 Wichita State drew a better crowd than West Central Nebraska A&T? Who’da thunk it?

Year after year of scheduling scrub after scrub in non-conference play has had a terrible effect on attendance. Well, that and playing in exactly three NCAA tournament games in the last 30 years.

1 Like

Attendance was fine until Dickey.

The RPI is calculated based on your winning percentage, your opponents’ winning percentage and your opponents opponent’s winning percentage. There is no “bias” it’s pure math. Road wins get more weight than home wins do.

So, how do they have an RPI after only one game. Like I said they have to starts somewhere.

They don’t have any meaningful RPI numbers until around Christmas in my opinion. It’s purely math. Nothing else. The starting point has everyone at exactly the same spot, 0-0.