Latest from Flugaur

I live in the West so I am partial to the PAC. The BIG comes knocking? We accept the invite in a heart beat. We are in no position to choose. Do I prefer local rivalries? Of course I do but who is associated with the small12? We all know the answer. Just think about the impact of a BIG invite… You can be sure that the small12 will come knocking on our door pleading to let them in “We want you right now, please, please” The right answer will be to call the local authorities and have the snake oil sales representatives removed at once.

3 Likes

We accept any P5 offer in a heartbeat. It doesn’t matter which one.

6 Likes

I do not know what the UT bigwigs are thinking, but I know there is a big problem with selling that land. It is contaminated with carcinogenic petroleum residues and the Feds have it on a clean up list.

2 Likes

I see it differently. First, B12 schools are hoping we do not get invited to a P5. Secondly, if invited to a P5, B12 schools have to compete with UH for top Texas athletes. And third, they are not going to want to compete with us on the field and on the court.

The B12 schools have already said they do not want to compete with us on the field making it one more obstacle for them getting to the CCG.

With that being said, I do not think the current B12 will invite us no matter what happens.

1 Like

For those who haven’t seen it already and related to these postings …

Conceptual drawing of the UH medical school in MacGregor Park next to the campus on OST …

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2019/05/28/university-of-houston-system-to-receive-109.html?fbclid=IwAR0oghD-3fNTtS7pbJ-nYt6GrFwfWNn4SbDMBYyXxKDBdiIUe5imSZDIxbc

Thanks, that looks terrific!

If the little 12 still dont invite us after OU and Texas bail on them, it is because EVERY remaining school will be looking to leave for something better and more stable.Once Boomer and whorn bail on them, the league will fracture like porcelain china.Their future is no longer in their hands or their control.They have to rely on OTHER P5s being willing to expand and consider them.
5 years from now, i would WAY rather be Houston, than Baylor, TCU or West Virginia.

2 Likes

Or, Iowa State & Kansas State; maybe even OK State or TT.

1 Like

I may well be behind the times with this, but I just read that some extremely generous person has contributed enough to cover the entire tuition for the first class of our new medical school.

FANTASTIC!

3 Likes

Link?

4 Likes

So does anyone know what Flugaur learned from his contacts?

1 Like

This thread is like a time warp.

5 Likes

…and expand TDECU to the max.

Of course not, but if our behavior was a key contributor to conference instability that the conference became so unstable… I’d at least feel pretty bad about leaving the dumpster fire that we lit up. I don’t think UT does.

(Here is where people say “Any school in their position would” except if that were the case we’d be seeing other schools doing it. The only comparable case I am aware of is Boise State. I’m glad we’re not Boise State.)

Even better, a 2nd donor has covered the 2nd class as well.

6 Likes

What great donors we have…hopefully many of us can get to THAT level of donating.

1 Like

I think the O’quinn foundation covered part of the 2nd class.

( edited to not look as I’ll informed)

2 Likes

I thought I read that the O’Quinn Foundation covered 1/3 of the 2nd class. Maybe some other donor came in for the rest.

2 Likes

O’Quinn foundation covered 1/3rd. Sorry, I had thought it was all of it.