Les Miles fired

Let’s not forget that Briles comes with a pretty darn good QB in Jarrett Stidham and probably a darn good receiver in Tren’Davian Dickson. The one thing LSU hasn’t had in a long, long time is a good QB and a good QB coach.

I see what you did there, 2002 Coog. Lol!

1 Like

there may be but a few elite programs, but how did they get there?
with the guidance of great men.
Bowden, Paterno, Hayes, Kelly even Patterson.
these guys took mid road programs and made them great household names.
admittedly, TCU is still a work in progress.
Tom Herman has the chance to be that guy here at Houston…one of the true greatest success stories of all time in college football.
compare that to Ohio state, Alabama, Texas…Meyer will never be Hayes, Saban will never be greater than Bryant, Herman could never overshadow Darrel Royal at Texas.
Chip Kelly will be remembered as th coach that built the Ducks…Is He better off having left Oregon?
Also at LSU the best you can hope for in the SEC west is a chance to get past Alabama every year…that’s a difficult road to a conference championship, and even tougher to the national championship.
Herman leaving to LSU does not worry me as much as Orlando leaving for Texas…that’s what Charlie tuna is missing, a great defensive coach.

1 Like

What place has a park already named after him? (that’s a joke, son)

He has a bird’s nest on the ground here.

I give Yeoman the nod now because the SWC then was a lot tougher then (and CBY had strings of championships) than the AAC is now but Herman will be able to do many things that have never been done here.

You’re spot on on Texas. Just look what has happened at Texas A&M. They hired John Chavis and now look like a pretty good top 15 team.

This just in … FIU has fired their head coach. They are expected to announce Tues. morning, their interest in CTH. Expect more schools to follow this example in an effort not to be left out in the cold on CTH raffle. All proceeds from ticket sells to benefit the UH HEAD COACH MOVE ALONG PROGRAM.

Cougar Pride to announce new upgrade program … hint, it has to do with marketing of a head coach.

Now stop rotfl and have a great day. For what value is a good if it is not also a great day to be Cougar!

4 Likes

Just saw this article on 247sports.com about a QB recruit sticking with LSU after the Miles firing. Check out the last line for a laugher:

4-star QB still strong to LSU, already watching Houston film

http://247sports.com/Article/LSU-recruiting-will-be-fine-with-Myles-Brennan-in-fold-47777411

“Once this thing went down, Myles and I started to watch Houston film,” Conides said.

Looks like at least some LSU recruits are hoping Herman goes there.

But also saw Dylan Moses was shocked by the Les Miles firing and he has shown some recent interest in UH. That could be a really interesting turn of events.

https://twitter.com/Dylan1Moses_/status/780148763771936769

This is what 247Sports has to say about Dylan Moses. Guess it’s not sexy to think a Louisiana kid might flip to UH.

Timing gives LSU its best shot to sign Dylan Moses

http://247sports.com/Article/Why-the-timing-was-right-for-LSU-to-fire-Les-Miles-47777592

Moses has strong ties to LSU and he was a lock to land in Baton Rouge had Miles stayed. He may land at LSU still but his ability to make an informed decision would’ve been compromised with a late coaching change. Instead of firing Miles the Monday after Thanksgiving and cramming a hire in within the next two weeks, the Tigers have already cut out the dirty part of the equation. LSU can make a move on its guy and get him in Baton Rouge with plenty of time to secure Moses.

With five official visits scheduled and the last one falling on Nov. 26, Moses wasn’t planning on even visiting LSU because of his familiarity with the program. This move gives him time to call an audible on that decision if need be and if time permits.

Well, if they are banking on hiring someone quick to secure Moses, it can’t possibly be Herman then.

Moses is public in his shock over Miles’ departure, and LSU thinks it ups their shot at getting him. With that type of spin, Baton Rouge should just change their name to Pyongyang and hire Baghdad Bob as their next coach.

4 Likes

I know a guy who they could hire and would be fired up for some LSU football.

Hint: Rhymes with Shart Miles

2 Likes

I love that with the thousands of words that rhyme with Art, you chose Shart. Well done, sir. Well done.

1 Like

what was wrong with fart piles

1 Like

Todd Graham is available.

1 Like

How about Tony Levine? Isn’t he still available?

1 Like

Todd Graham is always available.

5 Likes

With everything that has happened in Baton Rouge this past year I would hate to move there. Specifically someone like Tom Herman were money is not a issue.

Yeah. I keep hearing how this is a great job, but this guy won them a national championship and dropped three games at most a year in the most difficult division in college football to get death threats and canned unceremoniously midseason.

If you look up “hostile work environment” in the dictionary, I’m pretty sure the LSU head coach job is listed.

2 Likes

Welcome the talk. Yes, you can win Big here! See our players? They are athletic freaks. See our facilities? They’re brand new! See our University? It’s bigger than yours.

I am glad all the “blue blood” programs want out coaches. Our players, students, and University deserve the attention. We all have worked hard to prove it all these years. What ever happens, happens, we will keep on winning! Go Coogs!

All of this will continue until he makes enough money here that people would not see a reason to leave. He will play these opportunities to get raises until that point. Some of us would likely do the same, even if we liked the current job.

2 Likes

Houston’s Herman says coaching rumors don’t affect team

Houston coach Tom Herman says he is annoyed about reports that he has been contacted for the LSU job and insists the chatter does not affect his sixth-ranked team.

“It’s really a non-issue,” Herman said Monday. "We are so very open and honest in our program that if it was I would know about it.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/article104305566.html

I fully agree. He deserves at least to finish the season.

Having said that, I think Les Miles made the mistake of not hiring a new OC in the offseason. His stubborness led to his immediate firing, imo.

1 Like