Let's Get Ready to Rumble

We’ve definitely made it if we got 2 media members bickering at each other lol.

I’m a fan of both so I’m gonna pretend that my name is Bennett and I ain’t in it.

5 Likes

Oh no I hate to argue, I’ll watch other people argue though

1 Like

Well this is pretty… Funny still. JD must have wee’d in his Cheerios at some point. Otherwise he could’ve just stuck with the flex of getting the exclusive and let his followers rag JD.

Both do a great job. But I prefer Baldwin’s stuff, personally.

8 Likes

Mistake

They should both be inducted into the Coogfans HOF under the category of petty arguments.

3 Likes

It wasn’t an exclusive. It was a public interview.

1 Like

These are too adults arguing on Twitter like 15 year olds. Some stuff should be kept private, idk why everyone these days always feel the need to run to social media to post there issues. Hopefully they work it out both are good at their job

5 Likes

Newspaper people do still look down on those that are on blogs or websites. There is an air of superiority that newspaper people think they have.

I am old enough to remember when everyone on this site hated the chronicle.

5 Likes

I like JD, he’s a good, genuine reporter. That being said I haven’t lived in Southeast Texas for 20 years but even I know the Houston Chronicle is awful in hometown team coverage and should be insulted every chance we get. We gotta keep that chip on our shoulders in every sport. It’s what drives our success.

5 Likes

Twitter is cancer.

12 Likes

While the chron still gets its passive-aggressive shots in every now and then, the coverage has improved since we have started winning. Not exactly a coincidence, but I am guessing there was also a sit down between the chron and UH after the ill-advised covid attack by JD. Both realized it was better for all to play nice.

The Twitter beef is kind of childish, but Baldwin has been killing it lately in his coverage! Duarte better step his game up!

7 Likes

As petty as this is, I am not sure it is HOF material for Coogfans. There have been so over the top petty arguments here! Probably deserves its own topic.

1 Like

awful college home team coverage

4 Likes

They’re both good reporters. Hope they make up sooner than later. Glad Berman didn’t get in it as well.

3 Likes

Sorry, I have to disagree. Baldwin does a write up once or maybe twice a week. He does a good job mind you w/ his stories. JD is a Beat Writer who covers the Coogs as his daily assignment. He’s pretty much on Campus everyday when Coog Basketball & Football are in season. His job is to bring all the latest info happening within the programs. He’s not a Columnist, that’s Brian T Smith or Solomon job as Columnist to write the off the cuff stories. JD more into the nuts & bolts of how ea team is performing. Jmo on thgs. I will agree, they should have kept it off public exposure for sure. Bad look for both. UH Athletics popular at the moment is what I take from it all.
Good evening!

Edit: As someone for long time who’s been following n using all the info that JD provides on a daily basis, if you ask me which of the 2 being discussed writes a better story on player or event, etc, it might be CB at times. That’s not JD job to write upbeat stories, although he’s done too many to count on player’s, their family, etc.
In the end just two totally different angles and responsibilities on covering UH Athletics.

4 Likes

Berman behaves like an adult… don’t see him doing anything like this.

2 Likes

I’m sure there’s a little jealousy cause they dont get paid as well as Joseph Duarte does.

I appreciate though all these guys UH content:

*Kris Gardner
*Andy Yanez
*James Mueller
*Chris Baldwin
*Mark Berman
*Joseph Duarte
*Dayon Dunlap

And other content providers im missing?

1 Like

Yea, I agree. I use them all :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Edit: actually for last 2 yrs I come away impressed w way the Students on Daily Coog handle themselves in post game questions they ask. CKS treats them very well, not all Coaches do as we’ve seen.