Lets help Kris Gardner of the Houston Roundball Review

If you follow UH hoops & the Rockets on Twitter & YT, you have probably seen content from Kris Gardner of the Houston Roundball Review. He does a great job independently covering all things basketball in the city & now he could use all of our help. His mom has gotten really ill. Donations are appreciated.

Message from Kris: My mom, Elizabeth Gardner, is the biggest reason why I co-founded The Houston Roundball Review in 1994. She has battled numerous health challenges most of her adult life; I wanted to be with her as much as possible to take care of her. The Houston Roundball Review helped me take care of my mom.

My mom’s days on Earth are nearing the end, but she will remain my inspiration to continue The Houston Roundball Review.

If you can find it in your heart to contribute to help toward expenses as a final tribute to her, thank you very much. All donations will be used to cover medical expenses and other costs, such as for celebration of life services.

19 Likes

done…

2 Likes

Donated, not much, but I didn’t need to pass by and get a pizza after work anyways

2 Likes

No such thing as a little donation! Anything helps. I know Kris is grateful.

2 Likes

Done.

1 Like

Best wishes Kris! I lost my mom in 2009 and still miss her to this day.

1 Like

Wanted to share this update: Thank you to everyone that took time to share & those of you that donated. It has been awesome to see the support around Kris Gardner and his mom.

We met the $2K goal in less than 24 hours. Y’all are phenomenal!!

5 Likes

Always wish it could be more.

2 Likes

Done. I actually had a class with Kris (Human Sit) freshman year. I have always loved the way he built HRR from literally nothing.

5 Likes

Such a solid guy. The kind of guy you’d want your son to emulate. Huge UH fan

1 Like

Very sad news……Kris, your Mother and all family and friends are in my prayers.

https://twitter.com/ayanez_5/status/1537116087686414339?s=21&t=SPmTbh-cLGWDYMTpDNRZzA

5 Likes

Sorry for your loss @HRReview The Coog family is with you.

4 Likes