Lincoln Riley fails to take UH's O-Line Coach Brandon Jones

He’s staying here. Grass is greener in Houston than in the California desert.

1 Like

Depends on the grass

3 Likes

I think he’s done pretty darn good with what he had. Last year we didn’t have two games with the same starting line-up on the O-line. Also he has to be given credit for recruiting Russey. That’s the hardest spot to recruit to and also the hardest to find a good coach to coach to. Remember when Kendall Briles was hired as OC, he made it part of his deal that he bring his OL coach with him. Outside of the OC, the OL coach is THE most important coach on that side of the ball.

3 Likes

Just because they couldn’t overpower people doesn’t mean they weren’t well coached. PFF actually had several of our OL very highly graded. That means they were doing what they were supposed to do on the plays. That’s a sign of good coaching.

2 Likes

Maybe talent, maybe not. I do know that our OL production has been not good for the past 3 years

2 Likes

Everyone in Cali is moving to Texas, let him go to Cali, there is room there now.

1 Like

I will be curious how long Lincoln last at USC … it hasn’t exactly been a bastion of stability since Carroll left after being in hot water for corruption losing 14 winning games …

Instead (except for our ex QB Clay) it has been like the revolving door at the Ritz for HC … now its Lincoln’s turn to do that “putting on the Ritz” routine …

Thanks coach

Just the past 3 years?

2 Likes

I wonder if this argument has ever worked on coaches, if it has I must have missed it. I would assume schools compensate for it and boosters probably have some 100/ a month properties for coaches and some talented accountants help with those pesky taxes. Always remember at a certain income level normal rules cease to apply.

Coogfans are smarter than ANYBODY. Coogfans for President. Coogfans end COVID. Yeah, Coogfans.

4 Likes

He’s not getting head coach $ and we pay our assistants P5 $…

But I agree that it doesn’t matter at a certain point…

Thanks Coach

1 Like

California has Malibu, Big Sur, Napa and Yosemite. We have Galveston and Big Bend.

2 Likes

You forgot Amarillo… :eyes:

4 Likes

I guess my question is why wouldn’t Riley want to keep his current OL coach…?

Does he know people poop in the streets over there

6 Likes

The recruits going to follow Jones to USC…Hunter was commited to Oklahoma then switched to us after the departure…Jones gone…Hunter gone…

1 Like

He cant. Hunter signed his NLI. Karson cant go either. Only OL commit who isnt signed is Tevin from Manvel

1 Like

you can ask out of your NLI. the school has the right to decide… but id doubt we’d force him to stay