Looking ahead to 22-23

I am surprised he hasn’t landed a head coaching gig.

We have our leader Shead back along with seasoned vets Mark and Sasser along with Roberts who really impressed me yesterday.
Walker got lots of minutes for an Elite 8 team, so no one should count him out.
The rest of the story is our outstanding group of recruits and upcoming portal moves.

1 Like

I thought Chaney was a senior? I would love to get a transfer portal big man so all the pressure isn’t on the freshman walker. I like Roberts as a rotation guy, just not a fan of him in heavy minutes. White n Carlton will be missed.

1 Like

A healthy Chaney is a great player.

8 Likes

Reggie got an extra year because of the pandemic… and played hurt/one handed most of the season. Hoping he either heals and gets treatment or has surgery and returns 100% next season

3 Likes

Chaney is coming back. Has an extra year due to Covid

So does Edwards but he announced that he is moving on.

3 Likes

Roberts at the end of the season was our best big. Through hard work he has become a player.

7 Likes

Man. That’s definitely huge for us. I was worried. Still would love a portal big. I’m interested to see the role that Jarace Walker plays next year. Also if Marks n Sasser both stick around and the freshman guard we have coming in our backcourt rotation can be scary

2 Likes

Reggie Chaney, when healthy, is still just a role player.

Hes undersized as a Center. He’ll give you rebounds, and maybe 4-6 pts a game.

I think you can find better production in the portal.

4 Likes

This is my next year line up, if everyone is healthy.

PG - shead
SG - sasser
SF - mark
PF - j walker
C - transfer

Bench rotation - Walker, sharp, TA, Chaney, Robert, Francis
I hope Powell develops wells, but our bench is so deep on paper lol.

If we can’t land a high caliber center then put Chaney there, but I hope we do bc we are just missing that piece.

2 Likes

Next year the final four is in Houston. Why not win it at home.

8 Likes

I agree. We just need some gritty dogs that are upperclassmen under the rim. Can’t put all our stock on an incoming freshman.

Have you seen Antoine’s “defense’? If Kelvin wants him, that’s good by me but he’d have to transform his complete game

2 Likes

This only works if we hit on a talented big in Portal. You can start n finish games with this lineup but man that’s a small trio at pg and 2 wings. But again would definitely work if we can get an athletic big that can attack the offensive glass and keep opposing teams bigs.

Louisiana Tech for Quannas.

That is what so great about college sports. The new faces !!

1 Like

If he was here, Sasser would never get to shoot the ball.

Give me Lofton and call it a day. Unless we want to bring in a high upside guy to redshirt this season.

Of course, if Sasser transfers or goes to the NBA then we need to also bring in a stud guard.

1 Like

Why would sasser transfer?..obviously he can opt to go pro.

We soon will know about Sasser.

Sampson will clear it up.

2 Likes