Looking forward to more MEDIOCRITY next year

With Pez deciding to bring back Whitting for yet another year, at what point is Houston Baseball Irrelevance not acceptable?

3 Likes

I still kind of doubt Whitting is around to start Big 12 play…I am thinking he steps down at the end of next season and is replaced by an upcoming assistant (maybe already on staff).
No inside information but I can see Todd taking another position in the athletic department…

3 Likes

Dude can fundraise

4 Likes

So, this is official? Was it announced or something?

1 Like

It should have been unacceptable years ago. Even when P5 was just a pipe dream there was zero excuses for UH Baseball not being an elite program.

3 Likes

Not arguing with you as I also believe we can have an elite program, but for a program that has been to two WS in school history and hasn’t been there since 1967, our program to date has not even come close to elite status.
Rice was elite for several years and then fell off the baseball map.
It’s going to take an elite recruiter and a coaching staff that can coach kids up.
We need for UH to be a destination school one day soon

3 Likes

Yes Sir, I should have said power to reckon with. One game over .500 in Conference and 1 Super in 12 years is the definition of mediocrity. It can and should be much better than that.

3 Likes

I’d settle for “really good” status. But I am doubtful

2 Likes