Looks like we got a commitment

3 Likes

I thought becoming a Power school was instantly going to convince 5 star Houston athletes to go to UH

2 Likes

It’s April 25th
 How many 5-stars commit THIS early?

Nate

1 Like

Probably about 8 which is roughly 25% of them . I know by your comment you weren’t actually seeking an answer, I was just feeling cantankerous at the moment .
I do like the fact we have started off with 2 quality high school D-Line players . That hasn’t been our usual for sure

7 out of 16. 44%.

https://247sports.com/season/2025-football/recruitrankings/?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool

4 Likes

Wow! Only 16 5 star rated players this year . That lower than usual isn’t it ? I usually go by the rule of thumb that there are as many as the amount of first round draft picks. Thanks for posting Sig

It will change over the next few months.247 is about to update rankings and add more 5 stars soon

Wow
so according to the poster above, we should be “entitled” to reel in one of 247’s top 16 players in the nation

Nate

As stated by multiple posters, do not expect UH to sign 5 :star:s until UH’s NIL is adequately funded. The premier recruits just have too many enticing options to settle for a below market NIL. The ego and peer pressure are real.

3 Likes

Some three-star and lower recruits signed by UH:

Greg Ward
William Jackson
Josh Jones
Demarcus Ayers
Tyus Bowser
Howard Wilson
Trevon Stewart
Adrian McDonald
Cameron Malveaux
Ryan Jackson
Matt Adams
Steven Dunbar
Marquez Stevenson
Derek Parish
David Anenih
Payton Turner
Grant Stuard
Clayton Tune
Donovan Mutin
Logan Hall
Jack Freeman
Nelson Caesar
Damarion Williams
Patrick Paul
Nathaniel Dell

14 Likes

Glad these guys came to UH and played very well for us .
Go Coogs !

Not just funded but we got to win, most 5 star athletes are going to go where they think they have a chance at a Natty, right now that ain’t Houston unfortunately

Exactly. We are a p5 with rich a rich history of national championship football.

There was also this obscure Coog 
 what was his name 
 I think it was Case Keenum or something like that 

Go Coogs!

Impressive 
 like his emotions!

Go Coogs!

Those guys are among the best players in the program.

They were and more than half of them were crucial components of teams that won 22 games in two years.

You left out 2 star Case Keenum, he was pretty good in my opinion.

3 Likes

He didnt make that clear, tho!

I was shooting for players from the last 10 or so years. Bottom line is three-star players are typically good recruits. The four stars we’ve signed in recent years haven’t exactly been stars for us. They include Moses Alexander, Mikal Harrison-Pilot, and Julon Williams. Harrison-Pilot may yet develop, but the others were clearly busts. I will take guys rated in the high 80s every day of the week.

3 Likes