LSU just helped our SOS

LSU just beat tennessee in OT at Baton Rouge.

5 Likes

Thank you LSU!!

4 Likes

they are tied for first in the sec as well…definitely makes us look good.

4 Likes

I read we haven’t beat anybody

10 Likes

After today, I expect that talk to cease from any knowledgeable fan if we keep winning until Cincy. LSU is turning into a Duke-type win before our eyes.

1 Like

Was really not expecting it because Waters was out. Have no clue how they lose at home to unranked Arkansas and unranked Florida then turn around and beat Tennessee without their top scorer and assist guy. I’ll take it though.

3 Likes

Speaking of the last play…I never understand the strategy of making a second free throw with less than a second left. Tennessee got off a really good look to tie the game.

4 Likes

If you miss the rim completely, the play is blown dead and now the opposing team has the ball and your lead is only 1 point. I think it’s better to attempt to make it and if you miss, they run out of time, if you make it, it would take a miracle to catch and shoot in less than a second and if it’s inside the arc, the miracle just means another overtime.

1 Like

Well does the clock start when it hits the rim or when a player touches it? That’s a factor. They might be worried that a player would go up for a rebound after the miss and accidentally foul the opposing team , giving them free throws and a chance to tie, depending on the foul situations for each team.

1 Like

Florida State down by 3 to North Carolina at halftime! We need North Carolina to lose! Go Florida State!

1 Like

Clock starts when a player touches it and in this situation TN had one timeout left. Refs will usually take no time off the clock if TN gets the rebound and coach or another player instantaneously calls timeout. If TN had no timeouts left I completely agree with Russel walk your guys to the other end of the floor no possibility of a foul you don’t need the rebound and have the guy miss the shot. What are they gonna do with 0.6 and no TOs, game is over.

It’s an interesting discussion though because if the ball doesn’t hit the rim it’s a violation and TN ball with no time elapsed. It can be hard to purposefully miss the shot and hit the rim for these guys half the time they either air ball or make it anyway.

1 Like

Thanks for clearing that up! For some reason i was under the impression the clock started once the ball comes off the rim.

1. List item
1 Like

I hope LSU is not in our bracket. I don’t want to play them a second time.

3 Likes

I’m thinking there’s a growing list of teams that will not want anything to do with us. LSU might be on that list.

2 Likes