Magic Mushrooms: Medical Marijuana of the Future?

Check this out!

Yep shrooms and LSD are great for depression, so it’s ketamime, MDMA is one of the most effective treatments for working through PTSD. Marijuana it’s helpful on several different cases.

Basically at this point it’s time to acknowledge just about everything we knew about drugs was wrong. DARE was wrong, Nancy was wrong, the War on Drugs was wrong.

2 Likes

Big Pharma fought pot legalization with millions of dollars as they don’t want any competition. Now they are backdooring getting into legal pot. Same will happen this time. Oregon legalized psilocybin in therapeutic settings, but the law is not yet in effect. As with cannabis, psilocybin is a Schedule I drug, so the feds will have to decide whether or not to prosecute.

States should decide, just like with alcohol, etc., whether cannabis and psilocybin is legal. Texas has the right to not allow alcohol sales or pot sales. On the federal level, however, taking cannabis off the Schedule I list would enable the industry to use banks without risk. The biggest problem with cannabis in the states which legalized it is wads of cash which can’t be deposited except at banks willing to take risks. At the same time, cannabis growers and retailers pay taxes on sales. Crazy, no? So far the feds haven’t prosecuted any banks/credit card processors.

Either take cannabis off Schedule I or prosecute the industry in the states which legalized it.

2 Likes

We have fought a lot of unwinnable wars. I guess the point is they can go on forever

Yeah Carver had that one wrong…

Well, that was informative. Thanks. Didn’t realize of this disconnect
between states and feds and potential ramifications.

So “war on drugs” needs to evolve to the “war on abuse of drugs” ?

1 Like

NRG, add to this that Houston, Austin and a few other urban areas won’t even write a ticket for simple possession unless there is some associated disturbance. So, pot use is widely tolerated while still illegal in Texas and under federal law. Not very many people really give a poop if you smoke pot or not. As with all things, Texas will be 20 years behind. So long as pot is illegal, the criminals will be the distributors. Legalize it, tax it, and regulate it just like tobacco and alcohol. Just makes sense.

2 Likes

I used to know a guy who did shrooms way too often. But he was one of the happiest guys I have ever known.

1 Like

That depends.

The Harris County DA generally “tolerates” pot.

Not so in rural counties such as the one where I am a prosecutor.

Same with shrooms

1 Like

Tim Ferriss has several podcasts on the topic and leads a lot of funding in the area (PTSD and depression research). The big takeaway is that you need to use these in a controlled setting and may need to do some pre work before the session.

The classic story of a person doing acid and then going to a concert or club is really the last thing recommended.

1 Like

I didn’t realize we knew each other. :wink:

I wouldn’t say I did shrooms too often, but definitely ate too many a few times. That’s the downside of a psychedelic that’s free and plentiful in cow pastures around the area (when the weather is right.)

After doing psychedelics recreationally, I think it could be interesting to use them with purpose. But you would need the right person leading the way.

3 Likes

:-1::-1::-1:

So many Americans “love liberty” until you suggest legalization of marijuana and psychedelics… Then we can’t have that and must prosecute to the fullest extent of the law!

1 Like

How 'bout the legalization of fetanyl?

I’ll just say that I’m a Libertarian that believes in individual responsibility and liberty with respect to that question.

I definitely agree with you that there is a huge epidemic of fentanyl abuse in this country… I don’t think they same old method we’ve used for the last 40 years is going to work to stop this epidemic, though.

No law is going to overcome more than 80,000 years of humans ingesting, inhaling, or injecting all kinds of hallucinogens. Let’s tax it and move on.

2 Likes

Hbo real sports did a segment on this topic. Very interesting.

So that’s a first class 1980’s-90’s DARE argument. Likening marijuana and psychedelics to fentanyl is a laughable false equivalence. But I’ll play, like Kyle I think prosecution of a vice is a waste of time, money and resources.

Plus on principle on opiods at no point should we hold a single poor person accountable in regards to opioids until we get to hold the originators, the Sacklers, fully accountable.

1 Like

I’m just asking how far the whole “freedom” thing goes.

Does it extend to fentanyl?

Where does one draw the line?