Magic Mushrooms: Medical Marijuana of the Future?

I’m all for recreational pot if nothing else than people don’t risk a criminal record for smoking a joint.

I’ve got no problem on keeping hard drugs illegal, but on the other hand I’m for needle exchanges and trying to handle hard drug use as a medical problem and less of a criminal matter (excepting dealers and cookers).

That is probably a mainstream view. Most of the states where pot is legal had ballot initiatives that voters wanted access to pot. Even conservative South Dakota voted for recreational pot, but a judge squashed it. In Oregon, psilocybin will only be used in institutional settings in which the patients are monitored.

We would be best served if the law allowed you to enjoy anything in the privacy of your own home as long as it doesn’t threaten harm to anyone else. No drugs permitted if there are children there.

1 Like

I wonder how far this freedom “thing” goes… Spoken like a true prosecutor… :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Clearly, turning addicts into felons for possession of illegal drugs is great for turning a profit but it also is obviously not stopping the public health epidemic.

If the USA wants to crack down on fentanyl use in its borders then maybe we should go after the sources, Aka China and Mexico. Instead we’re criminalizing a public health issue among our citizens and then profiting off of their imprisonment.