Manny Diaz - New Temple Coach, er ... Miami coach

Already poached. Didn’t even coach a game - is replacing Richt.

Ethics are dead in college football.

8 Likes

He out Todd Grahamed Todd Graham…well done

11 Likes

It would have happened to us if we would have hired Lincoln Riley instead of Opie 2 yrs ago.

7 Likes

Coach for a day

Wow…is that a record for a Head Coach to leave without coaching any of the kids??? No faithfulness in college football…

“Oh really? Turn the plane around.”
-Manny Diaz

2 Likes

https://www.google.com/amp/www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/25651267/miami-replacing-mark-richt-ex-assistant-manny-diaz-sources-say%3Fplatform=amp

I think Temple’s going to get like $4 million for this. Not bad asset appreciation honestly.

3 Likes

This will continue as long as 65 teams control 90+% of the TV and bowl money !!

Not gonna change…It is capitalism at its best…and worst !! Clearly there is a monopoly, but most likely not illegal.

2 Likes

Will Temple hire Orlando now???

2 Likes

That is just absolutely ridiculous. Sucks for Temple. They don’t deserve losing 2 coaches in a single month.

1 Like

Wouldn’t surprise me. Wouldn’t make me sad to see Herman lose his DC either.

5 Likes

They’ve lost 2 of their last 4 coaches to Miami.

1 Like

Lot of Texas fans will be celebrating if Orlando is hired by Temple.

2 Likes

I was alluding to this. As bad as it sounds for Temple it wouldn’t shock me if their athletic department would rather have their second choice and $4 million dollars than have Diaz.

2 Likes

Better get Pete ready to do another Yahoo piece if so…

8 Likes

This bodes well for us! Holgorsen must be on his way!!

2 Likes

Taking a head coaching job, then leaving for another school a few days later, sounds like a clown show to me. Fire up your keyboard, Pete.

8 Likes

Anyone care to place odds on another Pete Thamel hit piece regarding the Diaz hiring by Miami? Nah, neither did I. :hear_no_evil::see_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

3 Likes

His commitment should have been to Temple he signed a contract unless he had a exit clause.

2 Likes