Marcus Freeman -Next Coach at Notre Dame

looks like the DC is getting the job, per Bruce Feldman.

Damn!!!

Fickell to OU!!!

1 Like

So this must really be happening. Fickell may have been ND’s first choice but he must have turned them down to get more money from Cincy. I think it was a smart move if true. No restrictions on who to recruit and make more money than BK while at ND.
https://twitter.com/CJGolson/status/1465725340295340036?t=QorbN6wRctrvky0iR8s2tA&s=03

2 Likes

Fickle is an idiot to turn down ND

7 Likes

Isn’t that most of their current conference payout?

Fickell to OU confirmed…

2 Likes

Thats the way it works today, float a rumor, get more

That’s the way it works today, float a rumor and get more $$$$$$$ to stay where you wanted to be in the first place.

1 Like

I’m sure big dollar donors are paying most of it like our donors are for CDH.

When you are winning like Cincy is, donations go way up.

2 Likes

More interesting to me that his DC went to ND this past year and is now HC @ ND !!

Damn, they can turn my $250-750 per year into 7 million with the flick of. Wrist?

That is quite the ROI :joy:

• coaches salary bonus and facilities that’s about 15M per year

Fickell is smart if he gets 7mil a year and turns down Notre Dame. Plenty of money and a lot less stressful job.

5 Likes

Yep and Holgorsen’s contract is up for renegotiations since we are going to a P5. I can see him getting about $6M.

1 Like

Holgy could probably get another decent gig if he wanted, but his stock is nowhere close to Fickell’s at the moment.

4 Likes

That’s why I said $6M for Holgorsen and not the $7M Fickell is reported to get.

This stuff isn’t scientific but I definitely think the leverage/market worth Fickell has right now is much more than 15% higher than Holgy. Not saying it’s impossible Holgy could get that (though I doubt he would) but he has nowhere close to Fickell’s leverage at the moment.

Marcus Freeman …eh … their DC who is also an OhioSt grad BTW … Kelly left because he wasn’t being paid for breaking Knute Rockne’s record … which is a bunch of hooey … had Rockne not died in that plane crash he would have built a record no one would have broken …

They are relieved in Cincy … no doubt …did Fickell snooker the admin into paying him more $$$ for staying …

Who knows … the fans will all be dressed in black as will the players … they are in the playoffs … they have their HC sticking around … all is well … except for those pesky kitty cats from down south they need to dispatch before crossing the Jordan (or the Great Miami) to get to the promise land …

And as for UH … I am sowton our coogs are not going into their stadium crying “me next” to dispatch …

For those who haven’t figured it out … Cincy is now our BIG KAHUNA NYdaybowl game … they are CFP bound top dog haven’t lost in 3 years cream of the crop … ALL ROLLED UP INTO ONE , this “ain’t” Grambling or Rice anymore … sooo if we do wind up in some chumpy bowl … we at least had the chance to play one of the top four teams in America

2 Likes

Query: how high will his stock be WHEN (not if) we beat Cincy?

Yeah I am with you. When I read that the AD wanted someone to recreate connections with “Midwestern Catholic Schools”, I about fell over laughing. Dafuq?

Yeah Fickell should take the money at UC and enjoy going to the B12 in a year. He can make the playoff from there without having to deal with ND alum and their superiority complex.

1 Like

Higher for sure. Still a big gap between him and Fickell but he’d make up some good ground for sure. Add a Fiesta Bowl win on top of it and he makes up even more ground.