Marcus Freeman -Next Coach at Notre Dame

I guess Holgy is about to get a raise into the neighborhood of $6M.

1 Like

Getting paid a lot to be where you want is certainly not idiotic in turning down any other jobs. It would be idiotic to take a a job just for name-sake

If you give a raise to Holgerson you better give a big one to Belk. Lose him and this team is nowhere near as good, certainly not 11-1.

3 Likes

Not just for coaches either. Works in office jobs, too.

He gone

Not an IF for HC DH. Included in his contract (with the $1 million bonus) was a % raise if
UH joined a P5.

Obviously Belk needs more $ on merit and to (hopefully) keep him in Htown for awhile.

Fickell (looking at Herman, Frost and Fuente), I think I’ll stay, for a little more $$$

5 Likes

I am old enough to remember when his current contract was considered P5 level already and unheard of for G5 schools. The market got out of hand quickly.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/DeanBlevins/status/1466155072505659396?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1466155072505659396|twgr^|twcon^s1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fthespun.com%2Fbig-12%2Foklahoma-sooners%2Freport-2-coaches-expected-to-interview-for-oklahoma-job

Lmao. Fickell isn’t going to OU.

1 Like

He gone

1 Like

If I am OU, Fickell would be a let down.

Not because he isn’t a good coach, but after all that has happened this past week, it just doesn’t have the same spark. Campbell would be an even bigger let down.

I am sort of shocked that no one has jumped at this job. Maybe they know something we don’t? I supposed the imminent entry into the SEC West probably is enough to scare some away.

Guess Clemson DC said no again?

Sonny Dykes is getting roughly $5M per year for six years at TCU and I’m confident that McGuire is getting mid-3s at TX Tech which is about what Wells got.

What does OU have to offer Fickell? Fickell and his wife are devout Catholics and have lived in Ohio all their adult lives. They have six kids, the oldest of which is on the Bearcats roster. The other five are probably in Catholic schools. Cincinnati is a very Catholic city. Oklahoma is 3.6% Catholic, compared to the 21% average nationwide. If Cincy wins Saturday, they are in the CFP playoffs. After Cincy joins the Big 12, it will be even easier to recruit and make the CFP playoffs. Fickell is an amazing recruiter in Ohio, but I don’t see how that transfers to Oklahoma. Once OU joins the SEC, Fickell would have to beat out Nick Saban to even make then CCG, and then he would have to beat Georgia to win the conference championship. He’s likely to have limited success at OU and not make it to the end of his first contract. OU can offer more money than Cincinnati, but I don’t think they can offer so much money that Fickell is willing to make himself and his family miserable in Norman.

3 Likes

I read that Notre dame didn’t want play the high money game with ficklel and BK made 1.9 mil. I do applaud ND for not wanting to but they are a school that can get away with that more than others. They have high standards and don’t want to deviate from that either. ND could reduce standards and compete with Bama etc but they aren’t.Also yrs ago in the 40s or so frank leahy won so many nat championships that they fired him bc the admin thought the school was putting to much emphasis on sports and they even stayed out of bowling for a while.

I still believe the Nd wr was out of bounds and we got screwed bc that is what most here think but I admire Nd having standards other than that lol.

1 Like

So who do you want them to hire? Saban?

He gone

So they guy who has been the DC one year at ND gets the job? This will not end well for ND

1 Like

OU’s move to the SEC is working against them

Continuity hire, those always work. Hope Freeman is the real deal though. The teams response to him being hired was awesome.

1 Like