Massoud is already enrolled early and has a real chance to start this Spring

Guy. He was a top 300 player coming out of high school. He was nowhere near a 2 star ranking.

4 Likes

On the verge of bankruptcy? Alan, go check your history. This program is nowhere near in a dire state as you say. Go back 20 years or so. That’s the verge of bankruptcy.

2-10, 1-11, 3-9 for multiple years in a row, then we can talk. We’ve had one losing season in how many years? We have outstanding facilities and the XFL is going to pay us to use our field. We have a nice TV contract.

We’ll be fine.

4 Likes

Like we said in the other thread, Burrow was not a 2 star recruit. Stop lying to try and prop up Tune.

1 Like

Maybe we could use these guys to compare to Tune instead of Burrow:

I’m not saying that Tune is currently better than or will be as good as any of these guys (though I think he will). What I’m mainly trying to point out that ratings aren’t everything, but if we’re going to use them, let us understand that he is closely around the same ratings overall as some very good QBs.

Tune will be fine. So will Massoud and the offense for years to come.

7 Likes

Maybe in the NC game they were trying to prop up Burrow, but I heard 2*, and we know he transferred from OSU. Not a great Jr. year but lights out Sr. year. Why not give Tune and try, when you say you seen all he has, you are basing it off of two crazy years of UH football. That is behind us. The transfer portal has been good to us and next year will show big improvements .

2 Likes

1-5 star. We’ve seen them all. What should be the difference maker is development due to coaching.

2 Likes

Some are going to be good, regardless. But other than those elite few, I 100% agree with this. Gotta coach them up.

The star rating system discussion has been done to death on this site. Nonetheless, a 2 star rating doesn’t preclude someone from being great and a 5 star rating doesn’t preclude someone from being lousy. But a 5 star most of the time is going to turn out to be a better player than the 2 star.

Tune’s high school pedigree is almost irrelevant at this point anyways. There’s plenty of UH tape on him to have an opinion and that’s much better to use for projections than his high school rating. And besides, his star rating/high school pedigree was kind of in the middle of Keenum and Oliver.

To add, I definitely agree with the importance of coaching as well.

1 Like

I couldn’t agree more. We need more 2* players like Joe Burrow

1 Like

Lol someone actually brought in the race card.
The reason people thought Ward and/or King should be receivers is because they were both talented enough to do so and their arm strength and physical dimensions were in question.

Need proof just look at Ward making plays in the NFL, AS A RECEIVER.

King did struggle to make throws last season.

1 Like

I caught a few of Massouds HS games. He showed a toughness that most HS QB’s don’t have. He went through his progressions smoothly, and appears to be a natural leader. I think he is a real deal QB and will make a good run at unseating Tune for the starting QB job. That said, if Tune is better and wins the job it will mean good things for the Coogs. GO COOGS!

5 Likes

Burrow was 25-3 at LSU and one of those losses was the mentally ill A$M game within which LSU won but lost.

John, I heard that 2* reference for Burrow as well. I thought it weird that OSU would look at a 2 star, so I looked it up and found he was a 4 star. You can’t depend on what you hear from these guys; but I can back up what you heard.

I would like to see Tune go to a Manning like football camp this summer and get some “good” coaching.

Do those camps teach how to complete passes with a defender in your face? Just asking, because that’s the only real trouble I saw last season. His other problems, like INTs were a function of experience.

A healthy O-line coupled with what he learned (I hope) this year and he’ll be fine.

I’m more interested in seeing his sister. Total smoke show

ummm, leave the American Natives out of this :laughing:

I DO have a couple of those cards

Fyi. You do have to be invited for Manning camp
I remember Ward went.

You want to see a 19 year old’s sister?

Dateline NBC: :flushed:

1 Like

I’ve seen her. Came to the TD Club dinner. Talk of the banquet