Massoud

Clayton Tune faced his 1st Power 5 team (TT). He’s had games with BYU, Cincinnati, SMU, and Central Florida though. His record in these games…0-7. His interception total in these games…twelve. Any QB on the roster could not do worse.

12 Likes

Yup. Maybe Massoud is better, maybe he’s worse. Point is, Tune is a known commodity now and he has had every opportunity to learn on the job. He isn’t getting it done. Time to give someone else a look. It’s a disservice to the team and all the hard work they put in to keep trotting Tune out there.

4 Likes

RG3 mentioned last night that he was yelling for Tune to hit the wide open receivers up top but remember that he couldnt hear him. Lmao

RG3 is a natural for color commentary.

8 Likes

Tune was definitely a problem last night. As the game went on his decision making got worse. Unfortunately i got a Piland vibe, that he had been rattled. I really think Dana needs to look elsewhere for our starting QB

4 Likes

So there were times I thought RG3 was trying too hard to be “cool guy commentary” with catch phrases and such. But when he was figured in to the game he was really good.

Rice should be a good opportunity to see how well our QB reserves perform. If we get a large lead on Rice in the first half, then put in QB2, and perhaps QB3. If not, I would be concerned that CDH has little confidence in his reserve QBs and our season will ride solely on QB1.

There’s one thing for certain about this week’s Rice game and that is that UH will not be getting a large enough lead early enough in the game to play multiple back-up QB’s for a lot of snaps, if at all.

2 Likes

That’s assuming we get a big lead vs Rice

1 Like

Perhaps it’s wishful thinking, but it sounded good in my head at the time.

Well, we’ll only be well ahead of Rice if the defense performs. Don’t forget that it was UH defense that allowed Tech to score all those second half points shy of the pick 6. Tune only helped with 7 of them.

The problem consist of Tune not being able to make decisions and part is on our broken offensive system.
If you need a Case to run your offense it is not much of a system.

During the 2018 season, I posted that I thought Tune could be pretty good. Maybe I just wanted it to be true. I like him, but I don’t see improvement. I would like to see Massoud get a chance. Maybe his athleticism would give us a better chance to win. Unless something remarkable happens, this appears to be a lost season, anyway.

Case did make Sumlin and Dana look real good. There’s a history of it at UH and most every college football program.

Pardee resurrected his career to the NFL with Ware.

Briles leveraged Kolb to BU.

Sumlin leveraged Case to Aggieland.

Herman leveraged Ward to UT.

If you don’t have a super quarterback, HC ain’t doing anything that good. Unfortunately for CDH, he’s doesn’t have that player. He might want to take a leap with the backup, it’s really his only hope to survive at UH, I think.

The most Important position on team can definitely make or break a coach.

1 Like

“If”. That’s funny. Are we that much better than Arkansas? LOL

Wishful thinking. :grinning:

If Sophia Vergara comes out of my closet in purple lingerie…Put in

2 Likes

Another reason that I’d enjoy seeing one of the backups is that I have seen a history of us having great quarterbacks come seemingly out of nowhere. Ware was recruited as an option guy. I never imagined he’d become a thrower. None of the guys you mentioned hit the door as qb saviors, but look at what they became. If we can’t win, now, I say we take a look at what the backups might become. We’re not a “plug in the next stud qb” program, at least for now.

1 Like

Than why have all the other QBs Dana has had go off in his System? I’m taking Maddox and sofian out the equation they are freshman there time will come. But Tune is a 3rd year start and a senior. You can’t blame dana for tune missing wide open dudes or throwing into triple coverage, players have to execute. HOWEVER. You blame Dana for sticking with a QB that’s not good enough to win big games, blame dana for not building a better offense. But some players just aren’t that good

That would be great if I were single. But I’m taken and Linda is not the sharing type so Sophia will just have to suffer.

1 Like

I really think we win that game as long as we don’t hurt ourselves. That’s the issue with tune, he can’t just play average or not be great. He has to hurt the team in the process. We gave them 10 points, they scored 17 points off turnovers. Their offense wasn’t driving the length of the field on us. But we gifted them points and that’s why we lost. I don’t know if Ike or Edwards or Sofian will be great, but you could make the argument that they wont hurt the team as much and it seems like with this defense, special teams, and schedule that’s all we need.