Matt Rhule Hired

Nothing looks open soon in the East would seem to have an appeal.

I’ve thought about that with regard to the Coastal Carolina coach. Not sure how many applicable job openings there are going to be in his area. Auburn probably won’t hire another G5 phenom. Georgia Tech. WVU? (Can’t believe he didn’t get an offer last round.)

Rhule left Temple to take Baylor job (which was a spitstorm at the time), though, so I think he’s pretty geographically open-minded. It’s just going to depend on what he wants.

He will have time to take the Auburn job, win a national championship, and get fired after a bad season before Carolina is finished paying him.

The latest is the Auburn Uncle Scrooge types have an entire team gets paid for “community service” NIL ready to roll only if Harsin is gone.

His resume feels ready for an ACC job.
Coastal is set up as of today for NY6 run. He will get looks.

With the money he’s made…just retire.

Why endure the stress associated with being a college football coach?

2 Likes

Or go for the easy money and get in the College Football studio gig.

2 Likes

We need an OC, even if only temp (HC in waiting?"

UH would be wise to give Rhule a call.

2 Likes

I’d definitely give him a call if we had an opening. Short of that it’s a lot of bad PR risk for a close-to-zero chance of getting him.

Why can’t UH afford him? If you want to run with the big dogs you’s can’t pi** with the pups.

1 Like

You chipping in tens of millions?

1 Like

I’m thinking about it

2 Likes

See if Kendal would be interested in coming home and be OC/HC in waiting.

1 Like

I can’t see Ken Niumatalolo being on the hot seat at Navy.

1 Like

Big Daddy Fertitta can afford it. Question is Will he?

Agree.
2-3 w just one tough loss to Memphis.
Its all on their QB & this one is pretty good.

Their schedule is tough down the stretch but he is fine regardless.

Take out UH/Cinn/UCF and put in Charlotte/FAU/Rice (for example) & Navy should be back on track in The AAC 3.0.

ND vs Navy in Baltimore on Nov 12 could be very interesting.
ND @ #18 Cuse, #4 Clemson the weeks before Navy.

I chip in every year…

And the problem is?

I don’t understand what you are getting at, I merely opined that I don’t think the Navy coach is on the hot seat. It’s just an opinion. I don’t have a problem, do you?

and say what?

Not enough to make a dent or even a dimple in a buyout.

1 Like