McDonald's and Starbucks both exit Russia

Good.

Hasta luego!

3 Likes

I was just reading an article about this. Companies had put their business on hold, as they waited for it to end but time has run out to just wait and companies will have to make a decision.

Looks like McD who was a pioneer in Russia and SB are done. Others will follow. Good.

Dang, facebook is banned. Healthy McDonalds is banned. Overroasted over priced coffee is banned. IS this a bad thing?

It’s not that they are banned.

They are simply saying “Adios!”

3 Likes

wish they would exit the us

1 Like

Why do you care? You don’t have to spend money at either place.

1 Like

I care because giving a big F-U to Putin, as they are doing, is a GOOD thing, and is to be commended.

As for the two establishments, I don’t patronize either very often, but I occasionally enjoy a Big Mac or a Starbucks iced mocha.

Wouldn’t want to be categorically deprived of either.

1 Like

Is it really giving a big FU to Putin? That is a lot of real estate and equipment that gets left. Also a lot of folks out of jobs. It is also revenue and profits from those establishments not going to the corporation. I am sure McPutins and Starputins will be opening in their place. Punishing the population of a country that can’t do anything about the psycho that runs them will probably not effect the psycho one bit.

It’s not punishing the populace. It’s punishing the dictator’s economy; economic sanctions are often appropriate. Just ask anyone looking to cutoff Russian oil or gas!

Remember, there are FOUR instruments of national power: diplomatic, informational, military, and economic
“DIME.”

This is an example of two private companies assisting our government in using the “economic” instrument of national power against a belligerent dictator
and the economy that supports him in his dastardly deeds.

Hopefully, the people losing their jobs will turn against Putin and work towards removing him.

1 Like

Won’t they use those establishments for Russian owned businesses?

We’ll see!

Any resources that Putin has to devote towards making up those jobs and businesses are resources that he won’t have available to him to engage in aggression with. That’s a good thing!

There seems to be more than 130 Starbucks in Houston alone.

Sorry I wasn’t asking you. That was meant for @88coog who wanted these companies to exit the US.

I get that. Just in these kind of situations dissenters, especially baristas and Big Mac cashiers will just get disappeared.

One thing for sure, there will be less fat people in Russia. That’s a lot of empty calories being taken out of the market.

Not so fast
lol

Like McDowell’s in Coming to America.

McDowell’s. The “Golden Arcs.”

1 Like