@ Memphis - UH 2-1

Coogs lead series 1-0

5 Likes

Eckness was really good. Memphis had a P making his first start, so last night was definitely advantage UH. I’d say today is advantage Memphis as they have their best P on the hill, and he’s really good. Hard throwing lefty who mixes pitches well and gets lots of Ks. Does get wild at time and prone to walks so we’ll see which version shows up. Tonight and tomorrow on ESPN+

Lott on the mound.

Best UH pitching this season.
Ek gives up 1 and Miller no hits them for 3.

Yeah, agreed. He shoved!

Here’s what UH is up against tonight. 6th in nation in strikeouts. Only ECU’s Yesavage ahead of him in terms of AAC arms.

1 Like

Lott isn’t having a good game so far, 3 runs on 4 hits and two walks. Thankfully we’ve had some double plays.

3-0 Memphis after 3

2 run homer by Tulimero! 3-2

Top of 6th, no outs, Whitting got tossed.
Memphis leads 5-2

Memphis starter on a roll but a tough 2nd Quad 4 loss of this year.
Memphis # 194

1 Like

You know the quad wins and losses mean nothing this year.

2 Likes

Because of the win loss record or is the committee not taking that into account this year?

Right it is win the AAC tournament or bust, probably better if we don’t win it so we can get rid of the coach lol, we get lucky and get in tournament then Whitting will say look I’ve got the program back on track what a joke!!

1 Like

What was Whitting tossed for? Was watching on ESPN+ and couldn’t figure it out. The Memphis broadcast guys really couldn’t figure it out either. They thought it was maybe because the ump didn’t grant a hitter time?

The Fowler kid is really good. Don’t know enough about the Memphis starter today to know which team has the advantage in the rubber match today.

Because their RPI will be so high that it won’t matter what the win-loss record is much less their record in the quads
.as Bandera said it’s win conference tournament or nada.

Just like last year

horrible schedule was undoing before they ever played a game.

1 Like

Two straight years of ultra weak scheduling = only path to postseason is AAC tournament championship.

2 Likes

So dissapointing man i really believed Coach whitting was going to make us a perennial CWS contender

2 Likes

I think we all did 5-7 years ago.

2 Likes

I think that must be what it was, because the Memphis pitcher threw a pitch when our batter wasn’t set and the ump behind home plate called it a strike and started getting onto Bunn (or whoever was filling in for Whitting) right after it.

1 Like

ECU swept yesterday at Wich.
UH/ECU/Wichita tied for 1st.

Not in the context of post season but still it’s bush league. Sad.
Mostly easy to enjoy this season w B12 coming. A winning record and some big moments.

Citelli in fine form today.
UH 9-0.

1 Like

I met a former UH player from Wharton I think name was Reece. Played with Doug in the 80s.

Winning 10 to 0.

2 Likes

Won 11-1. Were tied with WSU on top at 8-4. We’re 4-2 against WSU and ECU.

Where is the tournament championship played this year?

4 Likes