Memphis vs #18 UH - 03/13/22 2PM CST - AAC Finals - ESPN (W 71-53)

line are made by the computers… in hte computers we are better

i dont like the memphis matchup…

i think the key to beating them is pushing the pace and hitting transition 3s…we neither push the pace nor do we have the shooters …i dont think Carlton can score with any regularity on duren…

if we havea chance its an extremely low scoring, we have no low turnovers type of game…im okay if we lose if the turnover numbers are down…thats hte 1 thing i think is fixable, passing and moving the ball better against their length

2 Likes

Duren is a top 10 pick in the draft. Carlton is not. Simple as that.

Again Memphis is built like an NBA team: long, quick with guys who can defend multiple positions. We don’t really have guys like that. So if we are not hitting our shots it’s hard to beat them because we don’t really have players who can create if the dribble. Last year we had Sasser and Grimes.

The key for us is to slow it down and keep the game close. If we get into a shootout, we are toast.

3 Likes

We’ll see if we have a chance early. Can our guards handle their pressure and not turn the ball over? Like we have our last 2 matchups vs the Tigers

My previous take our on last matchup, was thinking the Big Men are :key:. Duren and Williams

But actually its probably their guards Lomax, Quinones, Nolley, Tyler Harris. If those guys are hitting outside shots, its gonna be tough to win

Cant let those guys get open 3s.

2 Likes

Hopefully Memphis is wore out from that physically battle with SMU and turn the ball over a quadrillion times.

Still , I don’t see how UH beats Memphis without Fabian White.

3 Likes

These bring me peace in moments like this.

1 Like

I don’t understand how we’re favored in this game.

It’s game day!

5 Likes

I know people say this game doesn’t matter but I think it would give us a huge boost in confidence going into the tourney to knock off Memphis today.

Go Coogs!

So glad we’re not on the bubble either way… What a time to be a Coog!

1 Like

Bettors love Houston for some reason. In basketball and football.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/status/1502991714176360453

7 Likes

Totally agreed. Confidence is key. Let’s not underestimate the importance of this win. Momentum going into NCAA, conference championship, bragging rights on Memphis, are few things are at stake.

3 Likes

ESPN agrees… For whatever that’s worth… :grin:

I want another banner to hang on the ceiling for Moore and Fabian and Carlton and Edwards. When they come back to campus they’ll see it and it will be important.

10 Likes

We don’t need this game to perform in the next tournament. Winning is always fun but the second this game is over we turn towards the NCAA tournament. Win or lose it has been a great season and we will see our name called this evening.

2 Likes

I know CKS preaches forget the last game… And I’m sure these guys believe that, too…

But I really feel like this team will BELIEVE they can win the dance if they beat Memphis today.

The Quadrant discussion has always been overrated IMO…Coogs have beaten Virginia, Oregon and SMU. The eye test tells me those are all better wins than Ok. State. There’s a handful of other wins I’d probably put above Ok State, too. Even a two-point loss to Wisconsin and a one-point loss to Alabama looks better than beating Ok. State. So there you have it. I think our seed is set no matter what, but maybe the Coogs do need the win today to put the committee over the fence. I’m not so sure, though. Either way, we’re in the Dance. Time to fire up the DJ and get on the floor!

6 Likes

The thought of the Coogs losing to Memphis three straight times is disconcerting. However, there are bigger fish to fry.

2 Likes

Pic I took just now. Ready for game time.

11 Likes