Memphis

And the people who don’t hate cities are mostly from DFW, so they hate Houston, too. I do think Miami is more widely disliked outside of Texas than we are, but that’s fading as their years of mediocrity pile up.

1 Like

I bought some property in Arkansas to build a lake house on and every so often an old timer will catch me in some UH gear and will not hesitate to tell me how much they hated playing Houston.

1 Like

What lake?

Beaver lake. Lake house is in Lost Bridge.

Land was (still is) super cheeeeeeeap.

1 Like

Hated because it was an intense game/rivalry thing or something else. Would be neat to play the Hogs again and reestablish something.

SWC was a bit before my time. I graduated in the dimes. But from my understanding they really didn’t like us dropping 60+ on them in the 90s

I spent many a weekend on BL when I worked up there for five years. Beautiful lake. Not as pretty as Narrows or DeGray but excellent for water sports.

I will watch your lake house for you in the summer for three weeks. You know, keep everything nice and safe-like…and keep the bears outta the trash. You never know when there could be a possum attack or a forest fire.

They aren’t happy in the replies.

25 Likes

Lol, it’s always that Will guy in the comments

7 Likes

Mudcats are gonna have a new banner to hang!

11 Likes

That is such a garbage list. Ignore the fact that Memphis is placed about UH, how is Georgetown and Maryland listed so high?

I can understand Georgetown based on their history but cmon. Also, how do you even quantify something like that?

4 Likes

So UH is going to be the #2 brand in the Big 12 and Cincy #3 (after UT leaves). Someone find a Big 12 board and share that. I’m sure they’d have a field day with it lol

1 Like

Lol, I didn’t even look at from the B12 angle. These lists always get people riled up on Twitter. I’m sure B12 fans are in the comments. IIRC, this account used for focus on actual stats and such. Guess they see Big Game Boomer and such get more traffic

That’s what I was seeing. How is Memphis even remotely ahead smdfh

1 Like

Social media hype I’m sure. They do that well.

They didn’t want hear them whining and complaining that they were behind UH.

LOL!

https://twitter.com/coog57/status/1653758633027543041?s=20

14 Likes

banner

3 Likes

There should be a name for the rivalry. Something like “Southern Animosity” or “Mutual Disgust”.

7 Likes

#ForthePenny

8 Likes