Men's Golf: Louisiana Classic's Wrap Up

Men’s Golf wrapped up 54 holes at the Louisiana Classics today at Oakbourne Country Club in Lafayette, Louisiana. This event is legendary and has been around for quite a few decades. Heck, they serve pastalaya at a shack between 1 and 10 tees and have a Po Boy truck out in the middle of the course! Best food in college golf.

The Coogs finished the event in 5th place at 8 under par. The Classics had a top heavy field, with 3 top-25 teams finishing in the top 5.

1. #21 Texas A&M: -47
  2. #25 LSU: -35
  3. North Texas: -20
  4. #17 Ole Miss: -13
  5. Houston: -8

Finishing behind the Coogs were Kansas State, La Tech, Mississippi State, #41 UALR, UTSA, Illinois State, Rice, Sam Houston, Louisiana, Lipscomb, and Michigan.

The Coogs fired rounds of 279 - 290 - 287 (par 288). Led by transfer Marcus Wochner at -5 (t13) and Alex Frances at -2 (t21). Overall, your Coogs were able to count 9/16 rounds at par or better. Overall, Coogs continuing to play well and just struggling to put 4 solid rounds together on a consistent basis. In round 1, the Coogs shot -9 and dropped a 76. In round 2, they had to count a 75! This is not what you want.

But fear not, Coog fans; we are improving. Though you may be mad at a 5th place finish, Coogs still shot under par, had some good rounds, and are continuing to trend in the right direction.

Oh, and for those knuckleheads on this board griping about SHSU and how they were good, I’d like you know that our Coogs have played against SHSU in 2 events and have beaten them by a cumulative 54 shots this year. Thanks.

Up next: The Coogs host the All-American Intercollegiate out at the Golf Club of Houston. If you’re in town, sneak out there on Monday or Tuesday morning! Should be a great event with some solid teams on our home track!

5 Likes

Lol

1 Like

Sounds like my dream place. Maybe one day, until then cold hot dogs and leftover breakfast burritos on the turn for me.

1 Like

During the college am, they have jambalaya. I may or may not have eaten 4 bowls in 15 minutes while we waited.

1 Like

At least you represented in the jambalaya-eating event. Definitely not 5th place execution.

1 Like