MHP!

Wow, at first I thought you were just pulling for McMickle, but now I’m seeing you are a bit delusional…

1 Like

I’m going to go out in a limb here and say Donovan is going be one the greats we’ve had at QB when his time is over here.

1 Like

No Mike! That’s not like saying he can’t be good bc he’s playing 1a or 2a ball.

Someone asked about the level of competition and I responded with what I know.

The competition is weak.

1 Like

Will McMickle be here this spring? If not, I just don’t see him having any real shot at starting this fall. Even if he is, as a freshman, I doubt he will get the starting shot and would be surprised if he made the 2 deep. However, I am open to any of the kids in the QB room winning the starting gig. I would think that all will get a fair shot, but the odds are that Smith will be starting for the Coogs this fall – but not guaranteed. Coley could very well supplant him.

The fact is, I really don’t know how they will stack up in a fair competition; nor does anyone of us. We may have our opinions, of this guy or that guy based on highlight film, but the only one I actually saw play in a meaningful moment is Smith’s 4th and 20 pass. I think it would be advisable to not get emotionally tied to any of them and just wait and see who wins the position after fall practice. I just want a QB that will lead the Coogs to wins.

1 Like

What makes you say this?

2021 TD:INT ratio was 7:2
2022 TD:INT ratio was 12:8

So one year he was really good at taking care of the ball. The other year not so much. Which year defines him as a player? If you include total TDs which is more important, his TD:INT ratio was 10:2 in 2021 and 20:8 in 2022. Funny thing is people said the same thing about Tune his first 2 years. Look at him now

• I think you are underestimating to level of competition in the big 12 compared to AAC or even HS football :joy:.

• To put it in perspective Smith started first 5 games of the season and 4 of those teams were ranked. Last season Smith also started 5 games, 3 of the 5 teams were ranked top 10. The other two were wining teams in Mississippi state and Iowa state.

• You can not underestimate that. The level of talent and competition Smith is used to playing is a HUGE asset. He is also no stranger to close games. This will be his first season preparing and practicing with the starters. Remember what Tune said and how much that mindset helped him. Do not underrate smith, don’t let the stats full you.

2 Likes

That answer probably requires some clinical background. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Agree, Tune improved and turned into a pretty good QB! Too early to judge.

1 Like

Smith reminds me so much of early Tune. But Smith is way ahead of where Tune was when Tune was his age

1 Like

Remember when this thread was about MHP? I miss that.

14 Likes

A journeyman like one Caserick O’Keenum? I’d be good with NFL career backup level talent out of Smith.

I think I’m an early team-Coley guy tho. I like how he gets fired up. Looking forward to McMickle after few years.

1 Like

“I know but I think way too many coog fans are selling our O line short.” It’s NOT the Oline. It’s the OC.

How many D-1 offers did Keenam get?

3 Likes

Hello!

streamline what? Dawson’s playbook fits or a bar napkin.

As long as whoever was calling plays from Memphis on keeps calling them like that we are good to go on that end.

1 Like

Then how do you explain the wrong routes, dropped passes and bad blocking? By what I read Dawson and CDH considerably streamlined their Offensive play book. Old adage apply here. Do a few thing right rather then many wrong.

1 Like

Coley understandably is better by default. I would love to track how Dana talks about this hidden gem (McMickle) when football activity starts and interviews start to roll out. I respect Coley he is a legit dual threat. Just not sure how accurate he can be if his legs are taken away. And Donovan. No need to comment he is what his stats say. But if you check Caleb out he is getting smacked while throwing dimes. No hype. It’s on film. I do not care if it’s on a highlight tape…(it happen repeatedly at points) some QB’s do not have that has a highlight to display despite it being in there own favor to show the best plays possible. Some just don’t have that in there repertoire to Highlight…

1 Like

NFL would not be needing Donovan services. Anybody can run and throw interceptions. No need to pay cap space for that. He better learn how to catch. Hybrid tight end QB running back screen guy. That how I view his game. But if he chooses QB well he will have options but not :no_entry_sign: in the big leagues.

Tune ended his college career playing in the “Nothing Bowl”. But he is a better passer than Smith to be quite blunt. Your telling me about ranked teams and if they have a winning record. Point blank I want my QB to show up in big moments big games. Not huddle around average. That were Smith starts. He actually digressed according to his stats. Did he not improve or they figured him out? Tune was pampered opportunities…and yet his stats show me the same thing Smith shows…when the brightest of lights come on and high expectations arrive at your doorstep they will Ryan Fitzpatrick you with 4 ints and follow that up with a 4 td game against lesser competition and pressure being relieved. I enjoy QB’s who thrive under pressure not erratic play. Alot of individuals in the college sports world thought high of Houston Football until those hot bright light happen. Results the “Nothing Bowl”. Empty hopes. Looked good though his stats.

:laughing: :rofl: :joy: