Mighty UH offense

Dana got that crowd fired up.

1 Like

:rofl: rofl

:joy::joy::joy:

What’s so funny about that?

See this thread. Im happy to break down more plays, but I feel like I made my point.

Here is another example. They pack the box and show pressure. Pre snap looks like 5 are coming. They end up running a delayed blitz, but that didnt even matter. It looks like the O line just got beat, but it becomes clear when half the Oline ends the play 10 yards down field and two wrs to the trips side are blocking that this was supposed to be a screen away from the pressure. Sneed ran a wheel route instead. The screen was a great call as they brought 6 and only have 1 safety who is 25 yards down field covering the 2 go routes. And the other dbs are to the far side out of the picture. Its actually a hell of a play call. And if the rb runs the right play we potentially score.

1 Like

This one is a great play call that we did execute. 5 or 6 man box, but showing pressure with up to 7. We have the 2 back set, Walker stays in to block, and its a simple mesh concept. You’ve probably ran this in madden a million times. Flare route from the back, rub routes over the middle and a go or deep post to pull the safeties. Carter runs a great pick to get Golden open. And a simple catch for a 1st down.

Just stop with your logic. There is no place for that here.

BTW - thank you for being a voice of reason.

2 Likes

UHcoog, that was the same offense we saw last year. I didn’t see anything new against TT either. With the games
going to overtime, don you think he would hold back and risk losing?

Look, I’m just saying this offensive scheme hasn’t changed. Dana said in a press conference UTSA would see things from the offense they haven’t seen before. I didn’t. I was at the game. It was the same plays as last year and the previous two.

My two cents, Dana needs to once again rethink his offensive philosophy. He changed it 10 years ago, and needs to get back to the drawing board again. His offense struggles against any team with a decent defense.

1 Like

The Offense certainly is not awesome.

UH used to have an Offense that was innovative. No one else ran it, teams had problems preparing for us.

Think The Veer and The Run-N-Shoot. And The Air Raid.

Now we have NFL lite.

2 Likes

Dana needs to invent a brand new offense to make Coogfans happy. Talk about realistic expectations

5 Likes

I mean its really absurd. A bunch of arm chair qbs on this board who’ve never played a day of football in their life.
And sure we have rbs who’ve been in the program running wheel routes on a screen, but Im sure he could pick up a totally new offense in an off-season. :joy::joy:

The teams lack of creativity is due to an inability to execute. If you cant block and execute a simple inside zone run, you aint gonna be good at much else.

And it aint like they are asking alot of the line. Katy High school has better fundamentals than these guys. And look I am critical of the old line coach and Dana for this issue. We are getting Beat with pad level and our first three steps.

Best thing holgerson said in his presser, maybe sarcasm, was that he lost sight of how to coach offensive football.

Agreed. Got to have NFL talent as well.