Mike Leach rants on the CFB Playoff

Depth wasn’t our problem last… it was kissy face !!

1 Like

If you are a Top P5 team and worry about getting beat by a G5 team, then maybe you should have an all-inclusive playoff to see if you deserve a National Championship.

3 Likes

16 is perfect.

The season still has meaning.
Every Conference Champion is represented
The remaining schools are all in the top 10 - Keeps polls relevant.
The debate shifts from schools getting shafted each year to wondering if Troy can take down Bama.

Leach has a great point regarding December. Why give December away? FBS could own Christmas day now that the NFL no longer plays Wild Cards on that holiday. Everyone would make more money.

As of 2017, no school in Division I has won a National Championship in football. That is sad.

1 Like

Wrong.

You are right sir. There has never been a Div I National Champion. A poll or cfp is what has made the National Champion. A champion should be decided on the field or on the court not on computers or in a close committee. The only way to do it it to have all Div I conference winners play in a playoff system.
There are ten Div I conferences plus four independents. You win you are in. No questions asked you move on.

It is not like you have fifty conferences.
So you take ten winners. That leaves you with six other sports to fill.
Why in the world could not that work? Cartlel. They want to corner the money to themselves. Any other explanations is bogus and has no merits. Mike Leach is 100% correct. Who gets the shaft in this? Us, non P5 members but also the majority of the Football fans. The SEC or PAC12 want more than one representative? Again these six spots are for you to work on. It is a compromise that works. Am I being fair? You betcha I am. Even if we were part of the P5 I would think that way. Think of the excitement that it would generate. Everyone is represented. Your conference means something. P5 think their conference is too hard? Come join a G5. I am sure they would love to have you.

1 Like

Leach going at the CFP again:

https://twitter.com/SWXLindsayJoy/status/933077804500992000

In the meantime espn and the cfp raise their middle finger for everyone to see.
How long is this scam going to continue?

2 Likes

Leach is great. Wish he were our head coach.

I haven’t watched a CFP playoff game since it started. I won’t either. If enough people boycotted that farce, perhaps change would happen but the money grubbers in charge of the bowls would still fight for control so we’d end up with another slightly different farce in a different box.

1 Like

The final last year was down 680K viewers from the prior year and the semifinals were up, but still down from the initial year.

I will join the boycott of the, and their sponsors.

1 Like