Mills and possible ranking

What’s up with Mills? He played the first half but none the second. Does he still have a sore ankle or in the Sampson dog house? With all the teams ahead of us in the polls, how much do we move up with a good win over a P5 program. I’m using that term since the news likes to make a big deal about a girl kicking the ball for the first time at a winless P5 conference team 30 yards on a kick off like it was something that has never happened before. I’m thinking we get ranked 13th?

4 Likes

https://twitter.com/thehrreview/status/1333215040971956225?s=21

3 Likes

Duarte tweeted that CKS held him out in the second half because both ankles were sore. We really won’t need Mills again until Alabama. He needs to sit until those ankles are right.

9 Likes

I wonder if we jump any of the teams that didn’t play us? If so we move up to like 11-13 if not we move to 14-16. I’m inclined to say we’re ranked 11 when the AP poll comes out

1 Like

I think no one higher than us , other than Kentucky (and TT) lost, so I would say we will be 15th

2 Likes

When does the poll come out?

1 Like

But how many above us beat a ranked team

3 Likes

True, not many probably, but still if I had to bet I would say 15th

1 Like

Who knows. We should be ranked no lower than #10. However that would require us jumping teams like Virginia and Kentucky. I’m not sure that happens. I think we could land anywhere between 8-14. Doesn’t really matter too much though given how early it is. The main thing is that the win guarantees we won’t drop out of the rankings and that matters infinitely more than our actual ranking.

1 Like

#10 Kentucky lost

2 Likes

Lol , I know … that is what I said

Fortunately, Mills has a whole week off to get both ankles up to full strength.

It’s biggest value will be on Selection Sunday

2 Likes

Guys remember it’s a long, long season. Rankings will matter a lot more in February than they do today. And as we continue to win, we’re going to have a big target on our back and get a lot of AAC teams best shot. SMU & Cincinnati & Memphis (among others) have some really good players. Remember its only November.

6 Likes

Villanova and Virginia both lost this week, too.

5 Likes

At work rankings matter all year round!!

5 Likes

We moved up from 17 to 10 in the Ken Pom ratings!

7 Likes

The only ranking I’m concerned about is being #1 at the end of the season.

5 Likes

Tech might be the only top 50 team we play during the regular season. I think it was important to get this win for our resume. I don’t want to get a low seed due to bias against a potentially weak schedule.

1 Like

We need our conference mates to win their OOC games. I know I am pulling for every AAC team against OOC competition. I would like to see at least 4 AAC teams make it to the dance.

3 Likes