Music isn’t the same anymore

Cool. New to me. Listened to them on my way to work today. Not bad!

1 Like

Music isn’t dead i think most of the artist we listened to with substance on the radio are considered more indi now.

I think rap is bad right now. But every other genre is doing well. Compared to the old songs. The old songs are much more known now than any song in the past 5 years.

Khrubagain

Japanese Breakfast

Those are a couple worth checking out if you weren’t already familiar with.

Saw Pearl Jam at The Vatican on Washington. Wasn’t all that impressed. Saw Nirvana at a place called the Axiom. Saw them also open for Sonic Youth. Remember seeing Green Day at the Shimmy Shack on Washington and then a couple times at Numbers. Saw most of the bands you listed back in high school.

1 Like

Also saw Metallica, Guns N Roses, and Faith No More at the Dome. The next day went to Lollipalooza and saw Alice In Chains, Pearl Jam, and the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

2 Likes

soundgarden was about the last big name i followed.

i have been chasing steve miller ariund the country for the past few years before he retires and he was putting music out since before i was born, guess i just like older quality stuff

1 Like

Dating myself!!!. First time I went to see a The Who concert was November 1971 in Sam Houston Coliseum when they were promoting their Who’s next album. At the time that was my fist freshman semester at U of H. Saw them many times after and they are my favorite live band.

1 Like

Saw the following on or before 1970…

Steppenwolf at the Continental Showcase;

The Doors, Hendrix and CCR at the Sam Houston Coliseum;

Santana at a high school auditorium in Walnut Creek, California

Sneaked in a cassette recorder and recorded the Hendrix concert. Sold it for $50.

Good times.

2 Likes

Saw Billy Gibbons with the “Moving Sidewalks” in 1967-1968 at a Waltrip HS event named SoundTrack which was held to raise $$$ for Waltrip’s music & track programs.

I still recall their first big hit song “99th Floor” which was released in 1967. Soon thereafter, a couple of the band members got drafted to serve over in Viet Nam, so Gibbons then formed the original ZZ Top.

Does anyone else remember the Catacombs Club over on Post Oak Road (pre-Galleria days) about where Stelzigs used to be? No drinking, restricted to teen-agers, cutting edge bands like…Moving Sidewalks, Mothers of Invention, Ultimate Spinach, Country Joe & the Fish, Grateful Dead…

2 Likes

I remember the Catacombs. Jethro Tull played there. Do you remember Love Street?

I’ve moved to Texas singer/songwriter music now. Lot of interesting artists.

Did you make a copy of that Hendrix show?

No. The original was low quality. Back then, as a college student, I was pleased to make $50.00.

First concert was Rolling Stones and ZZ Top in the Dome… Voodoo Lounge tour…

That being said… I love 808s.