Name Image Likeness

Schools like UH will need to go heavy in the transfer market. QBs are already transferring quickly. NIL money is going to make that even worse. Will a starter on UH have more Instagram and Twitter followers than 3rd string at UT, Aggy, etc? I don’t know, but I think the social media influencer income type stuff is going to be huge.

I think this could open the transfer floodgates across college football in a way that’s worse than it already is. You know Bama and Ohio State players are going to be making a killing. What if an all-conference SEC player can make $50,000 more by transferring to Bama and no longer even has to sit out? The rich could get even richer.

I think this is where UH may have an advantage in Tilman, NFL qbs, running backs get alot of endorsements, after that other positions are more rare…JJ watt for example…but oline are pretty much anonymous. And yet the key to the offense.
Landry’s can pay the UH oline to endorse salt grass steakhouse with a commercial showing all of them eating big ol steaks…or the entire teams pregame meal ritual. or showing the receivers enjoying the roller coaster in Kemah etc…
there may be other endorsements available in a big city that you can’t get in Norman, or Tuscaloosa…

I think our basketball is going to benefit a great deal from this.

I seriously doubt we will see this type of mainstream likeness. Tilman runs an empire that barely advertises with television commercials and I have never even seen his own players, the Houston rockets, endorse Landry’s. The money will be in monetized social media. Even at big schools this will be the case. Hey 5 star qb, at Clemson we have a pay wall interview show that pays you 10k a week from one donor. Or here at Miami we have a fan site that randomly pays you 1k per member, and members just so happen to be based on how many touchdowns you score.

Oh, he uses television advertising. We just approved online gaming here in Michigan. You cannot go though a commercial cycle here without some online gaming/betting commercial. Golden Nugget is very prominent.

He begins the commercial introducing himself.

There is plenty of advertising for the kemah boardwalk…on TV as well.
I think the possibilities are there

Some players benefitting from likeness revenue are going to have a rude awakening when the tax man cometh.

1 Like

Still better than nothing. I think there’s money to be made out there. Glad that in basketball all these professional leagues are popping up.

I wonder if some players are going to just do 599 endorsements, 600 was the reporting number on my last 1099 so if it stayed under 600 they couldn’t have to report it.

Someone better be on the phone with Mattress Mack immediately.

And HEB, and (I don’t watch commercials on TV so I cannot recall any of the others) . . . . .