Name your HS football team(s) of choice!

Gang,

For me it’s Katy Jordan (neighborhood school), AND, in the private school ranks, St. John’s School (alma mater).

How 'bout you folks?

3 Likes

'83 Lamar, good times!

3 Likes

My high school didn’t have a football team but I worked at Lamar last year so GO TEXANS!

2 Likes

The Kinkaid School (76)…
Go Falcons !!!

1 Like

I am a Ridge Point fan since my son teaches there.
Don’t go to local games here in Brazoria County but do keep up with how our teams are doing.

1 Like

Abilene
Crosby (son plays)

1 Like

Pearland HS 2010 State Champs
Pearland HS 2015 District Champs…the only year my boys beat Manvel and D’Eriq King and company

7 Likes

El Paso Coronado Thunderbirds

1 Like

Beaumont West Brook. Played many years of football there when I was in high school. Also produced many UH football players over the last 40 years.

4 Likes

Northbrook Raiders 1996

Spring Branch

3 Likes

Tomball Cougars

2 Likes

Stratford Spartans
Graduated a yr ahead of David Klingler

2 Likes

I’m a Caney Creek Panther. They’ve been atrocious at football as of late.

Daughter goes to College Park. They’ve been fun to watch the last few years.

Central High Wildcats, class of 1965. It is now in the town of Central; when I went there it was just a little community in East Baton Rouge Parish. It was at an intersection with the school on one corner, a little general store about the size of a small house, a mom and pop type drive in with two walk up windows and no seating, and Murray’s drug store.

Mr. Murray was one of the finest men I ever met. At the time it was very hard for poor blacks to get loans, but Mr. Murray would loan them money to make it the next pay day or when they could pay him back. He would put a bible on the counter and tell them to place their hand on the bible and tell him when they would pay him back. No contract, just their word and he would log it in his book. They would come in and pay him and then borrow again at the same time. He never charged interest, he said charging interest was un-Christian.

I guess I rambled a bit, but it just brought back memories for an old man.

10 Likes

Acadiana High School ‘99

Lafayette, Louisiana

2 Likes

Lamar High School - two kids graduated from there 2020 and 2022

2 Likes

San Marcos Academy.

My HS. And Barrick Nealy coached there while I was attending.

2 Likes

North Shore dominating for as long as I have been alive

1 Like

I remember the '09 team very well, in hoops too! Always a good fight.

1 Like

Angleton High School ‘19. Had an awesome run when I was growing up of going deep into the playoffs every year. Never have won a State Title would love to see it one day. When Vanover and Roark were the head coaches growing up you could count on those Angleton Wildcats being in the 3rd-4th round every year

2 Likes