New BIG12 in discussions to form Split Divisions w/ Future Realignment forthcoming

https://twitter.com/dennisdoddcbs/status/1483489980118978567?t=W50aVxpRvC7NnD6vZ6sRCQ&s=19

2 Likes

UH and Whorn in the same division. Order the temporary bleaches now. We’ll call them the Deloss Dodds memorial bleachers.

43 Likes

Nice. :grin::laughing:

Damn I hope we have UT in our division…and play them AT HOME in 2023.

13 Likes

Just as fyi for future NEW BIG12 News. Dodds is great source to go to or be confident in story being True. He’s been covering League for long time n has direct inroads to Commish office.
Excited for 2023. Can’t come soon enough but also excited for Coogs Football in Fall 2022. Best way to wrap up AAC history is by holding up a Trophy in early December!!

3 Likes

I still think the extra change coming from the new ESPN/SEC tv deal that kicks in 2024 includes OUT in getting some subsidy money for the early buyout. That benefits both sides bringing them in a year early. This means they would be gone before we play one down for the BIg XII.

I don’t think there is a bunch of extra change laying around for us to join early in 2023 with BYU unless there is some extrapolated formula that backs up the extra buyout cost to leave the AAC. Someone would have to present that to the bag holders in paying an estimated $3-5mm extra in early exit fees to join the Big XII. Would we see that return by playing all those schools a year early? I think the hype alone of playing Texas, revenues from ticket sales, memorabilia, etc would wash the extra cost to get us there a year early.

Well done !

Back to our regular programming. Sorry guys.

8 Likes

Absolutely!

Bleachers are UT’s allotment.

1 Like

“One working group member joked that Texas and Oklahoma should be placed in the same division to ensure that at least one of the programs wouldn’t play for the football championship.”

LOL…as if uta would be in the championship game for these few years!! It’s as if they are not realizing that that football program isn’t anywhere near what it used to be those years when they made it to the conference championship games. :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

So when it’s UH vs. Okie st. what will the excuse be?

:joy:

1 Like

I think most on here would love to see the Horns in same division as the Coogs for those 2 yrs if OUT did have to stay the 2 overlapping yrs. The UT faithful are going to want to play the Coogs home gm in 23 or 24 at NRG, you already know it.

And if we don’t tell them where to stick it, then out our admin has no balls !!

4 Likes

No way that should ever happen…… Home game on Campus. They can have a 5k allowance and if they don’t get one they can go pay the extra $$$ from a broker.

4 Likes

We could offer BOTH games at NRG with UH getting 75% of the gate :sunglasses:.

1 Like

Maybe the Coogs should let CDH be their spokesperson :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:. He won’t hold back.

2 Likes

I like this one even better. Could tell UT that way all their Alums don’t have to crowd up hwy 290 or I-10. Emissions control.

From the Dodds article:

Maybe someone else can run the numbers, but that sure seems like a lopsided split for football. Ignoring UT/OU, wouldn’t this configuration put most of the football power in the South? Or is that just my imagination running away with me?

2 Likes

Was thinking the same …

Honestly it seems pretty equal to me…. Of course you could just call the conferences “American “ and “ National “ and cherry pick it however you wanted.

1 Like