New DC - Joe Cauthen from Arkansas St

I like it, Stephen F Austin grad from a lower but good G5 program. This is like the CTO hire but with some Texas experience. No retreads and a national search.

5 Likes

Did Sellers expect DeRuyter to come?

1 Like

Digitx - appreciate you sharing, on both forums.

1 Like

¯_(ツ)_/¯

Go Coogs!

1 Like

This looks a lot like hiring Todd Orlando.

We had never heard of Todd, but we sure did after he got to UH.

3 Likes

GoCoogs certainly did.

I like Blake Anderson (A-State HC) and his staff—been following that program since he arrived. He (Blake Anderson) was one on my short list (along with Neal Brown, Seth Littrell, and Willie Fritz) of coaches to look at who were current head coaches and had transportable staffs. He’s done very well at A-State and the defensive staff is certainly a part of that success formula. Getting these two is a real get.

2 Likes

No comment. :grinning:

Y’all watch some Alabama vs Ark St. game. Ark St lost of course. Gave up big plays but held Bama on a few 3 and 1s and such. Blitzing most of the time

4 Likes

Nah, you’re wrong about HTO not standing out when he got hired here. His defenses were pretty solid at Utah St and I always like them because of their linebacker play. They would blitz and give Boise St and TCU fits when they were in the MWC doing their thang. Other posters in here had heard of him and had positive things to say.

5 Likes

I have no reason to not trust CDH, but this one is going to have to be wait and see.

2 Likes

This will be interesting, hopefully it turns out well.

I’m sure some posters did know of him but to the general population CTO was an unknown much like CJC.

3 Likes

The Red Wolves have recorded at least one turnover gained in 52 of 64 games under defensive coordinator Joe Cauthen. A-State has posted 78 interceptions since the start of the 2014 season.

----sound familiar??? Say hello to the #3rdWardDefense

6 Likes

Yes, but can he immediately bring in at least 2 experienced cornerbacks? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Brian Early bio. Hasn’t been outside the state of Arkansas, but he’s done well at A-State.

http://www.astateredwolves.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7200&ATCLID=209383711

I like the hires. We want attacking and aggressive and these guys will bring that style.

6 Likes

Amy Carroll ‏ @ amy_carroll3 32m32 minutes ago</small
I promise you will be very happy with the hire of @ coachbrianearly !! He was Broyles finalist last year and gets guys to the league!! He will out work everyone around him and the product will speak for itself!!! # awesomehire

K Keith ‏ @ ksquareddaddy 36m36 minutes ago</smal
You have no idea what you are getting with @ coachbrianearly he’s incredible

6 Likes

I would have liked DeRuyter. Would of made a big splash and caused more head turning.

However, this is a very good hire. Go look at his Bio on the Arkansas State website before they take it down.

Pretty impressive and pretty aggressive which is what this crowds wants and likes.

3 Likes

Nice. I like when the team’s fans talk good about their coach.

11 Likes